[Mobile][Podcasts] Let Premium Users Disable Podcast Recommendations

I will never use the podcast features in Spotify and would like the ability to disable all mentions of Podcasts on my home screen.

In a perfect world, you'd let us remove every mention of Podcasts in the app, but since you're investing so much money in that area I'm sure that won't happen, but for the love of God, please let at least paying users turn off Podcast recommendations on the home screen / recommended for you area.

Updated on 2021-05-31

Hey @Spaceboy88

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers! 

Comments
Jimbob805
Visitor

I agree. I despise podcasts. I will never listen to a podcast on Spotify. Please allow me and others who share my antipathy to podcasts to be relieved of having to navigate around them. I use Spotify as a MUSIC app.  I pay for a premium subscription to listen to music. Get rid of the damn podcasts. 

Weedlord666
Music Fan

This idea has been posted so many times and it will just get ignored. Spotify actively hates its users.

Grieftyrant

100% agree. I pay for a lack of ads. I don't want podcasts shown or suggested to me unless I explicitly go looking for them.

Sumi
Casual Listener

Sumi_1-1622375183363.png

I totally agree with you.
I mean, just look at this. Never in my entire life have I searched for "Ghosts" or "Spooky" stuff in Spotify.
I would've been happy if the recommendations at the very least matched my likings.
Also, unlike YouTube, there is no way of "hiding" or "remove this recommendation". 

Really hope they do something about this.

Ivan
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-05-31

Hey @Spaceboy88

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers! 

Related Ideas