[Mobile] Proxy Settings on Mobile

As previously brought up here, the Spotify app for mobile devices needs proxy settings like the desktop version or the ability to use the system proxy that is configured in the wireless connection.

Personally, using my mobile device at work forces me to use my mobile data for podcasts and music streaming, which has recently racked up the monthly data cost of my plan. Having the ability to authenticate through a proxy to a network alleviates this pressure on my data plan (and yes, this is ok with my place of employment).

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-05-21

Marked as new idea.

Novocastrian
Casual Listener

Bump!

deepdusky
Casual Listener

screen_20-06-2017_09_39_34.jpg

wait add proxy settings in mobile client

jivaccarezza

This is a must!

Biscuit_box

This is an important feature that is needed. I will resume my premium subscription when I can use it

glenn8

very simple function to add, use the system proxy setting.

deepdusky
Casual Listener

very simple function to add, use the system proxy setting.

system proxy settings only works with wifi. to mobile data transfer proxy does not apply.

in addition, proxy settings apply to all applications without exception.

TroyHurts
Casual Listener

Every other app on my phone is able to respect the system-wide proxy settings and run just fine on my work network. It's not clear why Spotify doesn't play by the same rules.

skallagrim

As above, Proxysettings is needed. Really bad not to have the the opportunity to use it. My Spotify doesnt work at the place I need it to....

amerllica

Why this idea was not settled in android spotify client side?