Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Re-arrange song "..." index options

Not generally one to post feedback but this seems like a UX/UI error that should be addressed.

When I open an album and select "..." next to any song on that album, the first few options include "Hide Song" and "Remove From This Playlist" if that song is within a playlist. I recommend moving those down a few options to prevent users from inadvertently deleting or hiding a song they actually intended to share or add to a playlist.

I made this error and had to scour the internet using only my memory of the album art and the first word of the song title (which was in Portuguese) to recover a song I accidentally removed from a playlist. 

Updated on 2023-05-20

Hey everyone,

This suggestion got moved to the wrong place by mistake and we're setting it to live idea again. Thank you all for bringing your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here. Please continue to add your votes and support this idea, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-01-19

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

kidnamedjosh

There's no reason to close this thread when it's 14 votes away from meeting your "criteria." It's actually difficult to even find this thread in the first place. Regardless, being so close to meeting the necessary number of votes needed for this prioritized only shows that this is a flaw that needs to be FIXED. 

Mkonstfdez
  • Not too often but at times I feel we can all relate to pressing hide song instead of add to playlist since they're right next to each other, it's a pretty small change, I'm not suggesting the removal of the hide song option but just that it is at the bottom of the options or something. Note I don't truly know if it happens on all platform I have android (Huawei P30) to be precise. 
SoSoJuicy

Still relevant in 2022. It constanstly happens that I select the hide song option by mistake (BTW, same for my girlfriend and most friends I asked). It is very annoying, move that down to the bottom of the drop down menu

ectrindade

It's been almost 3 years and it's still the same... Disappointing! I accidentally hide songs or almost remove it (probably already removed without even noticing), and it doesn't even pop up a warning or confirmation message. 

Laurencano

Move the "hide from playlist" option to the bottom of the list.  I keep accidentally hiding songs that I want to "like" or "add to playlist".

Lyubka
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2023-05-20

Hey everyone,

This suggestion got moved to the wrong place by mistake and we're setting it to live idea again. Thank you all for bringing your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here. Please continue to add your votes and support this idea, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Freedog

Have been annoyed by the hide location music forever now and had no clue I needed to go scour the internet for this idea post to submit the feedback. PLEASE MOVE IT. 

MoonblindedX

I truly do not understand why this has not been corrected yet. Why does it need votes and days, weeks, months, years for the spotify team to correct a significantly terrible design flaw that is genuinely impacting spotify listeners lives in such a negative way that literally makes us lose songs that we actually love or at least like. What a great establishment this is.

Please, for the love and appreciation of music, fix this problem already!

MoonblindedX

To add on to my previous comment...

I had to search for an hour before I could even find this "idea" as several others with titles like "move hide this song away from add to playlist " which were closed because it said there was already a similar idea but yet they did not indicate what that idea was or link to it in any way. The fact that there isn't a link to the original or first post for an idea is already a major issue as it is not efficient or sustainable. Closed topics that are repeats should be moved to a different location so its easier to find current abs active ideas and to see if your own idea isn't already listed.

Secondly, as I said before,  this kind of issue shouldn't need votes to fix. It is a design flaw, and should be fixed immediately. I read every single comment alluding to the level of importance on this, and I am bewildered and aghast as to why it's not being taken with priority and urgency.