[Mobile][Search] Ability to Identify Music

Would add the ability for users to identify music that might be playing on the radio or from a nearby speaker, similar to that of Shazam or SoundHound. I imagine this feature would fit well into the voice command component that already exists on the search page by stating 'What song is this?' or similar. 

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
BradyW_97

Can we have a search function implemented where if you hear a song playing you can hit a microphone button in app and it will listen to the song and tell you what it is. This has been done with apps like Soundhound and Shazam, I can't understand why spotify hasn't made use of this feature yet?

cjo8765

On the search page there is a microphone option that says “try saying the name of an artist, song, or playlist name” and if there was a song identifier/“what’s this song” feature added to that it would help identify songs playing elsewhere that a user wants to add to their library, like on the radio or in a store. Currently you would have to ask Siri the song name, which the tries to lead to Apple Music instead or have to use alternate apps so would be helpful and just seems like something that would already be available. Like if you don’t tell it about artist/song/playlist it listens to see if any song if playing around you, and then shows you that song similar to how Siri does if you ask Siri “what song is this?”

madigoodman24

On SoundHound, you can sing or hum parts of songs or the tune in order to discover the name and artist. This would be super helpful on Spotify if a person can’t remember the song name but wants to listen to the song. Thanks! 

annag2

When Im driving and I like a song on the radio, it would be awesome to Shazam it and immediately keep a record in my Spotify. Or when my hands are free, to use the Spotify search bar to listen to the song and have an option to “Like” or “Add it to a Playlist” immediately.