Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Search] Shazam-like option within the app

Being able to source a song you hear without leaving the app

Updated on 2023-03-31

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Bruacb

Hi! 
I have a suggestions! It will be very interesting if you set a function on your app, where we can identify musics, just like on Shazam app! Like that we can discovery songs that is playing outside and add instantly in our playlists. 
Thanks for the attention and sorry for my english!

BradyW_97

Can we have a search function implemented where if you hear a song playing you can hit a microphone button in app and it will listen to the song and tell you what it is. This has been done with apps like Soundhound and Shazam, I can't understand why spotify hasn't made use of this feature yet?

cjo8765

On the search page there is a microphone option that says “try saying the name of an artist, song, or playlist name” and if there was a song identifier/“what’s this song” feature added to that it would help identify songs playing elsewhere that a user wants to add to their library, like on the radio or in a store. Currently you would have to ask Siri the song name, which the tries to lead to Apple Music instead or have to use alternate apps so would be helpful and just seems like something that would already be available. Like if you don’t tell it about artist/song/playlist it listens to see if any song if playing around you, and then shows you that song similar to how Siri does if you ask Siri “what song is this?”

madigoodman24

On SoundHound, you can sing or hum parts of songs or the tune in order to discover the name and artist. This would be super helpful on Spotify if a person can’t remember the song name but wants to listen to the song. Thanks! 

annag2

When Im driving and I like a song on the radio, it would be awesome to Shazam it and immediately keep a record in my Spotify. Or when my hands are free, to use the Spotify search bar to listen to the song and have an option to “Like” or “Add it to a Playlist” immediately.

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-01-19

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension! 

Nashin88

Please add a feature similar to Shazam within the app for when we’re out and about trying to find a song that’s playing, so we can get Spotify to listen and add to our playlist or download within the app. Thanks 

robertozaccini

This feature would be so epic: a built-in song recognition system and put it in your favourite playlist straight away. This “idea” is extremely underrated and I would like to vote for re-opening the case as no one is able to give it an upvote now. 

Cheers. 

leidislau

Ao ouvir uma música, abrir o Spotify e buscar a música pelo trecho que está sendo reproduzida.

Dian
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-03-21

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!