[Mobile][Search] Ability to Identify Music

Would add the ability for users to identify music that might be playing on the radio or from a nearby speaker, similar to that of Shazam or SoundHound. I imagine this feature would fit well into the voice command component that already exists on the search page by stating 'What song is this?' or similar. 

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
Peter
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-10-22

Marked as a new idea 🙂

This is a repost of this inactive idea.

Gillesputtemans
Visitor

Yess why isn't this a more popular idea? It's literally smart for spotify to work with something like that or have a better integration with shazam. This would be good against the competition. Come on guys let's get some more votes on here

wsfisher6
Casual Listener

Also I feel like this shouldn't just be a mobile feature. Personally, I would use it on mobile as well as desktop.

Jacob
Community Legend
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

LosLena
Casual Listener

It would be great if a "Shazam" type of search was made in the mobile app!