[Mobile] Search Bar Always Visible

So I thought that this can solve a lot of unnecessary clicks. Everytime I'm on an album or a song, I  have to:

1. Open the menu

2. Click the search button

3. Type in my query

Instead of just:

1. Type in my query

I think it's pretty much a no brainer. Please upvote to have less friction and faster search results.

I've made a mockup for preview. The search bar is a great solution, I hope I see it on the Android app soon.

Thanks!

search-spotiify.png

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-01-01

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-12-01

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

wasseng

Yes please, sooo many times a day I use search, its buried to deap down in the menu as it is now on mobile

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-12-02

Edited title to make it easier to find via search and reflect that this idea applies to all mobile platforms.

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hi @RWH, I've merged your idea with this older one, in order to combine the kudos. That way, the feedback can be passed along to developers quicker. :)

RWH

Great. Created these two visuals yesterday to show how easily a search icon could fit into all browsing options…

spot_search_1.jpgspot_search_2.jpg

Filipeoconde

Can't believe it hasn't yet been implemented! It is a needed idea! 

Maybe, instead of the icon, it could be a swipe (currently I think it how it is on android, to get the main menu, but on iPhone it gets to the last page opened), maybe a swipe from above...

Rodonnell1119
This is a great idea. Most people "save" songs. Those songs go into your song "playlist." When I scroll through my songs, I have to go to the top of the list just to search. Which is a pain and makes me aggravated lol. I have to press the top of the screen. Pull down then enter what I'm looking for.
Please add a search bar, that stays at the top even while scrolling down. And on every screen.

Also a button right next to the search bar that will locate the song playing in the playlist your currently in. Sometime I hear a song and I want to find that song in the playlist and move it to the top. Having a shortcut would be nice way to find that song and bring it to the top. Just a thought! Make it happen! Kudos me! Search bar on every screen!
mindracer
This is my first time on the Spotify community forums, came here to suggest this exactly! When u get a song name u wanna search there's too many steps! Atleast a persistent search button on all screens, but the bar is even better!!
marcosegala

Sai fazer a Apple pra música o Spotify, e Estou sentindo falta da lupa de busca não aplicativo Em Toda a Navegação, logotipo FICA ELA Acima da barra sem a Apple Música e E Possível Fazer Uma busca em Qualquer Lugar Ao se Navegar nenhum aplicativo, Ao contrario fazer Spotify , Onde portanto E Possível Fazer Uma busca Voltando abas Anteriores. Estou gostando Muito da experiencia com o Spotify , porem NÃO Posso deixar de recomendar ESSA dica Que facilitaria Assim Como agilizaria also o Uso do aplicativo. Introduzam uma lupa de busca Em Toda a Navegação do aplicativo. Por favor.

Sai da Música Apple para Spotify, e eu estou perdendo a busca lupa sobre a aplicação em toda a navegação, é por cima da barra na música da Apple e você pode fazer uma busca em qualquer lugar para navegar na aplicação, ao contrário do Spotify, que só é possível para procurar volta guias anteriores.Estou gostando muito da experiência com Spotify, no entanto eu só posso recomendar esta dica para facilitar como também acelerar o uso do aplicativo. Introduzir a lupa de busca em toda a navegação do aplicativo. Por favor.

Kenj

I've received an invitation to Premium Family but cannot proceed with redemption when entering the code supplied  on the Redeem page.  Receive an error message. The help section says that a redeem token will open etc. - that doesn't happen. Please help! Thanks