[Mobile][Search] Menu and Search UI/UX Tweaks

Recently, I've been frustrated with the fact that when searching for a song on the Spotify app, I have to scroll through ALL of the categories to find the one I am looking for. Also, trying to search for things one-handed in the app is very difficult, because the search bar appears at the top fo the screen. Holding a phone and clicking into that search bar with one hand is difficult, no matter how large your hands are. Well, I decided to redesign the app, and get rid of the menu bar and replace it with an expandable menu in order to make room for a category filter during searches. I'm not sure about the new menu, but the filtered searches would be wonderful.

Artboard 2.pngExpandable Menu RedesignArtboard 3.pngNew Centered Search BarArtboard 4.pngFiltered Searches and Artist Top Tracks In Search Results

Artboard 2.png
Artboard 3.png
Artboard 4.png

Updated on 2018-04-30

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea.

Nice work!

Beathoven1

This is absolutely gorgeous.

Please Spotify, consider some of these ideas for a redesign. 

sillyduck
Regular

The "revamped menu" is bad. Something so simple and basic that took me one click before, now takes two. Multiply by 20 for every time I have to do it during the day and you get complete horseshіt.

Also instead of moving the search bar down, you can just have the keyboard open by default when clicking the search icon.

clemens_ul

Also the "revamped menu" is not working well for left-handers!

KyleKarnes
Casual Listener

@clemens_ul this could have a right or left hand option

@sillyduck It actually takes one and a gesture towards your selected choice. Opening the keyboard would be fine, but it would obscure most of my recent searches and still make it necessary to reach up to the top half of the screen if I wanted to access those!

cluz
Music Fan

I'd like to say I like the idea of the advanced search with filters and dropdowns, I'd totally vote for that!

What I dislike is the "revamped menu". I like to be able to click back and forth really quickly between options where as your way is just extra. Additionally the menu bar doesn't take up much space to begin with so theres no point condensing it.

I also dislike the search bar  in the middle of the screen, theres too much dead space plus it makes the past search list shorter and over all just unnecessary. If you're really worried about using you phone with one hand get a smaller phone as every single app I know has the search bar at the top of the screen.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-04-30

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!