[Mobile] Simpler UI for the Queue

I never understood the way Spotify was designed to play music. It's extremely unintuitively designed to handle music queue.

Screenshot_2016-05-23-01-57-32.png

1. Here's the music queue. If you move a track up, it'll go to  UP NEXT section, not really sure why you need that and not just simply add to the queue.

2. Can't easily slide song to the side to remove from the queue, have to pick it and click delete.

3. No way to fast forward, so have to go back to song page.

4. No way to see previous songs in the queue; you're out of luck if you want to play song again few tracks ahead.

I've been using Play Music as my primary streaming service and now using Spotify as my primary(I used it occasinaly before the switch) for my reasons. Play Music lets you do all that, pretty straightforward and makes sense but with the Spotify it just a big mess to me. Maybe I miss some key points, in this case I hope you'll guide me.

Screenshot_2016-05-23-01-26-28.png

I like few Spotify features but I can see a huge chunk of flaws in UX besides the queue. So why not make it more simple and straight forward?

Updated on 2017-05-26

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-05-31

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

idontneedalogin
Casual Listener

I am a google music subscriber. I would be back as a Spotify Premium subscriber immediatley if the queue was made usable.

The Google music queue is intuitive, simple, and also powerful.

Here's a test case: Play album 'Blackstar' by David Bowie (in order), followed by 'The Next Day' album by David Bowie (in order).

This task cannot be done in Spotify (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2017-05-26

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!