[Mobile][Social] Connectify

Hi my is Sydney,

My friends and I recently took a road trip and were jamming with Spotify. I got reminded of a song I really liked and wanted to play. Then I thought to myself, wouldn’t it be great if we could queue songs from my phone to someone else’s? 

My idea is to be able to create a group that can queue songs from 2 or more phones, to one main phone playing the music (connected to Bluetooth or aux, etc). It would be so much more convenient to just click “Queue to John’s phone”. 

The phone emitting the group signal could choose to accept or decline requesting members! This would not be similar to an Apple feature like “airdrop”, where your phone is discoverable to either everyone, contacts, or no one. The group would be discoverable to your Spotify followers in the area e.g. the vehicle or house. After a certain amount of time the group would go to private or have the option to remain public for settings like parties and weddings. 

Still not 100% sure on the name but I think it is a good idea as well as many of my friends whom I’ve pitched this idea to! 

Updated on 2021-09-28

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

Currently there is an option to listen with someone else to the same music at the same time. You can head to this article for more information about the Group Session.

In case you want to have other features available while using Group Session, feel free to submit your ideas.

Cheers!

Comments
Ver
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-09-28

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

Currently there is an option to listen with someone else to the same music at the same time. You can head to this article for more information about the Group Session.

In case you want to have other features available while using Group Session, feel free to submit your ideas.

Cheers!