[Mobile][Social] be able to change username

Spoiler
CHANGE USERNAME OR DISPLAY NAME

I am here to just reiterate the many proposals about the ability to change your display name or username

I know there are ideas posted like this but this issue was last raised in 2017 and labelled as 'not right now' and I really want to know if you would reconsider this suggestion of being able to change your username and/or display name on Spotify. This issue concerns many people especially people who have legally changed their name or choose to identify as another gender and therefore go by a different name. It also concerns people who made their accounts a very long time ago and now resent their username but they do not want to recreate an account because there are a lot of things that could go wrong, loss of data, playlists, friends, and their subscription. Either way, I believe that this should be reviewed and looked at again because it is an issue and a company as developed, ever-changing and evolving as Spotify, it should be able to cater to this necessity of being able to change your username as it is the way you are discovered by other people and your friends.

This is such an important issue that affects many people and I hope this can be voted up as it would be great if this option could be implemented.

Thank you.

Updated on 2019-02-20

Hey there,

That's a great idea, but something similar has already been suggested.

You can check it out here.

Have a nice day!

Luke

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-02-20

Hey there,

That's a great idea, but something similar has already been suggested.

You can check it out here.

Have a nice day!

Luke