[Mobile] Volume Control in the Now Playing View

With how much blank space there is on the playback screen, it's silly that there isn't a way to control volume right on that screen instead of having to open up the Devices menu. A volume slider doesn't take up that much room; you could reduce the blank space between the other interface elements by just a few vertical pixels and have enough space to add one. Here's a quick and dirty mockup showing how easily this could be accomplished even on the comparatively tiny display of the iPhone SE:

0_0ZZLgEW-dpFtaZXG..png

Updated on 2018-11-10

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Related Ideas

Comments
v_qyfd9-zlv9b

Great idea!

w-b4wh2_tp3y

Absolutely agree. An in-app volume control seems like common sense - every other music app I've used has had one. It takes too much time to control volume from the side buttons or sliding up (and then swiping right) to access the volume slider there. The music volume is also sometimes too loud with iOS volume buttons, and an in-app volume control would solve this issue. 

ye8g-8oa2_vqh

Great idea - as currently for iPhone, adjusting the volume from the side buttons means the huge volume icon pops up and blocks much of the screen which is quite annoying. 

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-11-10

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke