[Mobile] Why is Spotify taking a massive step back? #notmySpotify

Why is the greatest app of all time taking a massive step back? I don't even know what I am looking at anymore. Here is a list of issues that is currently grinding my gears with Spotify. I'm not sure who is making the decisions over there but things need to change immediately.

-I can not find my top songs by year unless I use a desktop. Why would you change that? It is easily the best feature you guys have to offer. And before you tell me I can search it I don't want to hear it. I want it in the made for you section like it has always been. Whoever made this call should be fired.

-Why does the top of my home page on the app never change? Two playlists reside at the top of my home page for months now with zero updates. I can assure you that these are not the only playlists I listen to. Why can I not update it to get in and out of playlists like I want to? Why can't I have control over MY homepage. I must be paying monthly to get spit on I guess. At the very least update them to reflect what I have been listening to the most recently. Stop being **bleep**.

-Finally podcasts. I will keep ringing this bell until you IDIOTS stop forcing podcasts on me. I hate podcasts. I think they are the dumbest thing alive. If you are so full of yourself that you think you need to share your thoughts on a weekly basis to people you should take a long look in the mirror. I understand some people do enjoy podcasts and that is okay. However, do not waterboard me with them every time I open the app. I know you steal and sell all of my data and I am okay with it as long as you a providing a superior product and right now you are not.

I do not know who is calling the shots over there anymore but this product has become next to pathetic. This was easily one of the greatest apps of all time and now all you are doing is spitting on your customers in favor of shitty money spent on podcasts. #notmySpotify

Updated on 2021-06-06

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this Idea as it breaks the following Idea Exchange guidelines:

• Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed. That’s because we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).
  • One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Mario
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-06-06

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this Idea as it breaks the following Idea Exchange guidelines:

• Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed. That’s because we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).
  • One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Related Ideas