[Mobile][Your Library] Bring back the 'Songs' Tab which would contain all tracks saved to Library

Bring back the 'Songs' tab which would contain all tracks saved to the library (not just Liked songs)

- Bringing back the 'Songs' Tab will make it possible to shuffle play through all songs that have been saved to the library.

- It will also make it easy to see all downloaded songs when in Offline mode.

I enjoy an eclectic mix of music, and one of my favourite things to do pre-update was to go to the 'Songs' tab and select Shuffle play, and just randomly play through all the music saved to my library.

Because it was just all songs, this would include songs from saved albums, songs saved into playlists etc.

Another benefit was that in offline mode it meant I could easily see what downloaded songs I had available to play. Especially useful if I wanted to play music in the car but not use data.

Unfortunately Spotify's new UI has removed this (very basic) feature, and attempted to replace it with a 'Liked Songs' playlist. My problem is that I don't usually 'like' a song to add it to my library. I either save a whole album, or I add an individual track to an existing playlist. It seems silly to me to have to add another step of 'liking' a song to this process, just so that it can be added to the 'Liked songs' playlist. I'm going to end up having to 'Like' every single song in my library- and what will be the point of that?

I currently have a premium subscription, and I definitely find it frustrating to have the main way that I use Spotify now impossible!

Hope others with a similar issue find this Idea helpful, cheers.

Updated on 2019-07-27

Hey @Lasphy 

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idc-p/4698025

Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

Related Ideas

Comments
tvwmd
Regular

I definitely support this suggestion! I always enjoyed playing SONGS from the library to have an interesting mix of music, especially when driving in my car. I downloaded albums and playlists and changed them from time to time and so permanently had a rich mixture of music.

rockingraff69
Visitor

The main way I used spotify was shuffling songs. Removing the song option from the library has made using spotify frustating. I list while I work during the day and have built up my library to be diverse. Now I have to figure out what I want to listen to before I can use spotify. Which lately I just stopped using spotify as much due to the function being removed. Its really frustrating and considering ending my subscription. 

ruffnados

I just want liking an album to like all the songs within the album. Having to go and like each idividual song is such a hassel. The way I get new music is when I find a new song I add the whole album. Then whenever a song I don't like from whatever album comes on I just remove it. It's used to be such a nice system now ruined by the liked songs playlist not adding whole albums.

6_m2z-q10h0f9

My main use for Spotify is playing all my songs on shuffle. Pretty much every day. I was saving every album i like, plus new ones that I may like,  from Bleeding Through to Bob Dylan, loved it! From a free months trial to 2 years subscribed. Happy to pay the £10 a month for the pleasure.  I'm giving them 2-3 days to rectify this, then cancelling and researching other options! 😋  In regards to a "liked songs" playlist, i have never "liked" a song, didn't even know i could tbh,  (firestick)

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-07-27

Hey @Lasphy 

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idc-p/4698025

Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)