[Mobile][Your Library] Create a way to shuffle through all songs in library (not just 'Liked' songs)

The easiest way to do this would be to bring back the 'Songs' tab which would contain all tracks saved to the library (not just Liked songs)

- Bringing back the 'Songs' Tab will make it possible to shuffle play through all songs that have been saved to the library.

- It will also make it easy to see all downloaded songs when in Offline mode.

The liked songs playlist is inconvenient for two reasons

- You have to like every song in your library to have it in the playlist, which then makes 'liking' a song redundant

- You can't filter for downloaded songs only.

I enjoy an eclectic mix of music, and one of my favourite things to do pre-update was to go to the 'Songs' tab and select Shuffle play, and just randomly play through all the music saved to my library.

Because it was just all songs, this would include songs from saved albums, songs saved into playlists etc.

Another benefit was that in offline mode it meant I could easily see what downloaded songs I had available to play. Especially useful if I wanted to play music in the car but not use data.

Unfortunately Spotify's new setup has removed this (very basic) feature, and attempted to replace it with a 'Liked Songs' playlist. My problem is that I don't usually 'like' a song to add it to my library. I either save a whole album, or I add an individual track to an existing playlist. It seems silly to me to have to add another step of 'liking' a song to this process, just so that it can be added to the 'Liked songs' playlist. I'm going to end up having to 'Like' every single song in my library.

Hope others with a similar issue find this Idea helpful, cheers.

Updated on 2019-09-04

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/General-Main-Shuffle-Button-Shuffle-all-songs-in-Your-Li...

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
KiltedHopKilla
Visitor

Is there any defensible explanation why Spotify took away the songs tab??  Absolutely, horrible decision making process apparently, if there isn't a good reason.

pseudospaceman
Visitor

The "Liked Songs" playlist replaced the "Songs" tab so I intended on using it in the same way. Although, the way they implemented it is extremely bothersome:

All of the Songs from Album's that were previously Liked (pre-update) made the cut and now live on the "Liked Songs" playlist. Even songs I thought I had removed months ago. But now I have to individually "Like" each song after alreadying "Like"-ing and downloading the album just to get it onto the "Liked Songs" playlist.

If they plan on continuing this format, they could remedy this by adding an "Add Album To Liked Songs" option.

VincentWansink
Regular

100% agree!  I don't know why they took away this feature.  I like all the songs in my library (that's why they're in my library, and I shouldn't have to then also "like" them to make that obvious) and I used to like being able to Shuffle Play my entire library because, given that I have hundreds of songs in there, it was like listening to the radio, in the sense that I never knew what was coming next, but I was guaranteed to get a good song because it was in my library.  So it was better than listening to the radio.  Loved this feature, and you're right, this seems like such a basic feature.  I really don't understand why they would remove it.

Joshua41
Casual Listener

Spotify are determined to ruin this app in order to have their algorithims tell you what to listen to so that it can be marketed to record labels and artists.

Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-09-04

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/General-Main-Shuffle-Button-Shuffle-all-songs-in-Your-Li...

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here