Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Your Library] Pin a filter type to make it the default Library sorting.

With the new update to the library that brings in filters for Library and a single list, I and I assume many users would like a way to default a filter to Library.

For example, I want the ability to pin the "Playlists" filter as default so that whenever i open Library it automatically opens the view on "Playlists" instead of having a single list of everything tucked together.

This would mean anyone who only used Playlists (or Artists or Albums) before the new update would get something similar while people who like the new update could just opt to not pin any filters.

Updated on 2022-09-07

Hey! It seems this suggestion is on the road again, so we are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
HikleKlsb
As previously submitted by User Shohan in mid ‎2021 it would be great to be able to pin a filter type to make it the default Library sorting.

Because many people sort their playlists in a specific and uniquie way, it is INSANELY annoying to have to choose the "Playlists" button in the Library section every time you open the App. Just like it was initially. Filters are a good feature but counterproductive in this situation.

We want the ability to pin the "Playlists" filter as default so that - for example - whenever we open the Library section it automatically opens the view on "Playlists" instead of having a single list of everything randomly thrown together and needing to search for the wanted playlist or select "Playlist" every single time.

michaelanz

Currently, if you want to sort your library, you click on Playlists or Podcast to sort/filter for one of the other. 

As a primary user spotify for Music and a Secondary User for playlists-- it would be extremely convenient to either: 

1. Permanently set the sort/filter to Playlists/Music OR Podcasts

....so my playlists are always the only viewer I utlizlie until i want to switch to playlist filter

OR

2. Have two separate items/places/pages/modes to tap on that has my podcasts and music in different areas

as a 10 year spotify user (and never ever switching!!) I have an innumerable amount of playlists I listen to and sometimes it gets too cluttered when my playlists are integrated into my playlists. 

thanks!

Jeese

On the mobile app, I wish that the filters in "My Library", like ("playlists",Albums", "Podcasts"...) are being saved upon closing the Spotify, so that they are still selected when you reopen it.

I like the idea of the filters but the fact that you have to re-select them every time you open the app (like 100 times a day) is nerve-racking just adds extra barriers.

Hopefully others share the same thought.

Up vote this thread to spread the idea!

Thanks

Jesse✌️

IMG_20220309_114858.jpg
carukwbe

I have my music organized in 100+ playlists. It's so nice to organize them on the Desktop with the nested folders and my own personal defined order of elements in every folder. However if you are on mobile you do not have your playlist library in an extra page. There is the library with your "last heard" objects and you can select the playlist filter above and then view your playlists in your order.
However it can be improved by saving the selected filters, so that you don't have to manually select them every time you open the app. This behavior is also needed when adding songs. There you can't select the order to your own personal order in which your playlists are displayed. It is very confusing actually knowing the place where you want to put a song, but still having to search for it awkwardly. I know these are minor complaints, but I run into them quite often.

Vasil
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-05-26

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange, @Jeese!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

LukasArcada

Please do this!

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-09-07

Hey! It seems this suggestion is on the road again, so we are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Alec01

I can’t for the life of me comprehend why this wasn’t included from the beginning. 

Sacrosanct

I also agree that I can't understand how this wasn't included in the update to begin with.  I got so irritated by constantly having to reapply my filter selection that I am posting on this thread.  
I am a premium user and don't find this experience pleasant at all.

Will_Harris00

I need this option, plus also being able to pin by playlist and then the By You option would be an added bonus