[Mobile][Your Library] get rid of filters and just show playlists in custom order

I don't know why Spotify thinks these updates look cleaner; all they do for me is clutter up my home page and library with extra buttons that detract from my experience. The newest update on Your Library (8.6.30) is particularly infuriating. I don't want to have to click a bunch of filters every time I open the app just to see my playlists in the order that I purposely put them in. Not only is it annoying to have to click around a bunch, but it just looks messy and it's way too easy to accidentally close my filters and end up with the Recently Played, which I don't need to see in my library. It's already on the home page; I have no idea why Spotify thought I needed to see it in my library too. I know what I've been listening to. There was literally nothing wrong with the mobile Your Library page before. I don't understand why Spotify needed to move all the buttons around and add unnecessary clicks. I use this app so much that I have muscle memory for creating and finding my playlists. I have absolutely no desire to filter through a bunch of things just to see the playlists I created myself instead of whatever random single or album I listened to once. If I want to listen to it again, I can go find it on my own. I want my playlist organization to stay pristine and uncluttered. Even just having the option to set playlists in custom order as the default instead of anything I recently played would be better than the current setup so I don't have to filter it every time I open the app. 

Updated on 2021-09-03

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Comments
digger5150
Music Fan

Agree - this is bogus and I had to revert back to an app version from March to get Custom ordering back.  Unbelievable. 

digger5150
Music Fan

Agree - fix this please. Taking out custom ordering is a huge step backward. I had to revert back to an app version from March to find it again. I'm not happy and will be looking at alternatives if Spotify keeps jamming dumb UI ideas into the app that no one wants.  The entire world now lives for customizing everything and somehow Spotify ended up removing customization in an effort to make things better?  Hard no.

Arkei

I came all this way to say just this. I spent a lot of time organising playlists in an order that suits me. I have so many that range from moods to genres to concert sets to DJ stuff. Dozens! I keep them categorised tidily so I can move my way between them with ease. 

So you can imagine my total disdain when sat in a park on a gorgeous sunny day, after volunteering to put the music on, to see my plethora of playlists scattered all over the place. Awful. 

Jake_Gehrung
Visitor

PREACH! Thank you for writing this! Yes, please add CUSTOM ORDER!!! It’s super frustrating and takes way longer to find the playlists I’m looking for. I have had the same order for all my playlists for years and I know where everything is. I have NO interest in sorting, it completely defeats the purpose.

cakepopdance
Visitor

I completely agree. At the very least, I'd like there to be a "default" setting for the playlist filters. As far as I can tell, from my phone, there's literally no way to see my playlists in the order I specifically and carefully organized them in? Whenever I make new playlists, I can't find where they are without searching for several minutes. Whether they get rid of the playlist filter update or make a new one, I'd really like to be able to see my playlists in the same position as what a literal stranger would looking at my profile.

Luan
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-11

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as 'New Suggestion'.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Luan
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-09-03

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.