[Mobile][Your Music] Bring back Recently Played to Your Library

Am a Premium user, was told that Premium Users would be getting the use of their new idea for organization of the Your Library tab. Didn't really mind, don't see it as much needed. I have few qualms with it other than the fact that there is no longer a section for Recently Played albums/songs. This is a pretty major inconvenience for me, seeing as I have a human memory that likes to forget things on me. Having to create a Recently Played playlist for myself to update every time a new song comes on is pretty impractical and annoying. So, please bring back the Recently Played section/tab. Very useful.

Also, not extremely related, but the function to submit ideas seems hidden away in the tabs of the menu, itself hidden in a rabbit hole of non-expressive buttons (Help>Community>Menu>Ideas), and I was forbidden from posting on mobile (For not activating with my email? That's the first thing I did!). Not directly related to the app itself, but it felt like an issue I had worth mentioning.

Updated on 2019-06-26

Hey Folks,

Thanks for adding your feedback and votes to this idea.

With the new update you can now find your Recently Played tunes section on the home screen. Additionally, it's also possible to sort your Albums, Artists and Playlist by Recently Added. To do so, pull down to reveal the search bar, click the 'filters' options and then select 'Recently Played'. You'll also spot some other filter options too, like 'Name' so you can sort your playlists alphabetically.

NYL_TWITTER_02_SearchFilter.gif

You can check out more tips about the changes to your Library here.

Thanks!
Comments
Mothjail
It’s one thing to make changes to your UI without warning, it’s a completely different thing to make changes that actively make it harder to sort through your music collection, make the user experience 10 times worse, and force the user to delete all of their downloaded music to have a somewhat usable artists section. Seriously. “Let’s just throw all of the artists songs into the same playlist for the artist instead of letting you sort by album.” Great idea Spotify. Seriously considering Apple Music at this point.
-hx0_0kbie3p

Please bring back the old version that was in place before the June 2019 update. This**bleep** without the alphabet bar is so bad I'm considering not renewing. Thank you. 

AxeliaRose

Premium user here. I also agree that they need to bring back the recently played option. But also, I HATE the new navigation system. I want to make a new playlist, but can't access the full list of artists and songs in my library.  Now it's divided by artists I'm following and artists I haven't selected to follow yet. And even those arent the full list, and its not in alphabetical order. I have nearly 5000 saved songs. I used to like Spotify purely for it's easy navigation, it was everything I wanted in a music app. I HATE this update, it's garbage. I'm cknsidering cancelling my premium account, which sucks. I've spent years cultivating my favorites and organizing every playlist.

If anyone in charge is reading this, please Please PLEASE go back to the previous version before this most recent update in June 2019.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-06-26

Hey Folks,

Thanks for adding your feedback and votes to this idea.

With the new update you can now find your Recently Played tunes section on the home screen. Additionally, it's also possible to sort your Albums, Artists and Playlist by Recently Added. To do so, pull down to reveal the search bar, click the 'filters' options and then select 'Recently Played'. You'll also spot some other filter options too, like 'Name' so you can sort your playlists alphabetically.

NYL_TWITTER_02_SearchFilter.gif

You can check out more tips about the changes to your Library here.

Thanks!