[Mobile][Your Music] Bring back Recently Played to Your Library

Am a Premium user, was told that Premium Users would be getting the use of their new idea for organization of the Your Library tab. Didn't really mind, don't see it as much needed. I have few qualms with it other than the fact that there is no longer a section for Recently Played albums/songs. This is a pretty major inconvenience for me, seeing as I have a human memory that likes to forget things on me. Having to create a Recently Played playlist for myself to update every time a new song comes on is pretty impractical and annoying. So, please bring back the Recently Played section/tab. Very useful.

Also, not extremely related, but the function to submit ideas seems hidden away in the tabs of the menu, itself hidden in a rabbit hole of non-expressive buttons (Help>Community>Menu>Ideas), and I was forbidden from posting on mobile (For not activating with my email? That's the first thing I did!). Not directly related to the app itself, but it felt like an issue I had worth mentioning.

Updated on 2019-06-26

Hey Folks,

Thanks for adding your feedback and votes to this idea.

With the new update you can now find your Recently Played tunes section on the home screen. Additionally, it's also possible to sort your Albums, Artists and Playlist by Recently Added. To do so, pull down to reveal the search bar, click the 'filters' options and then select 'Recently Played'. You'll also spot some other filter options too, like 'Name' so you can sort your playlists alphabetically.

NYL_TWITTER_02_SearchFilter.gif

You can check out more tips about the changes to your Library here.

Thanks!
Comments
Malus131
Casual Listener

The fact that they removed it is honestly a shocking oversight. Who greenlit this update for crying out loud?

candyshards

It's a safe bet that most if not all Spotify users have at times spent more time outside of their saved songs and playlists in favor of the recently played function. Moving it to the home tab, not letting users edit/hide artists and limiting recents to a fraction of what it was in the library tab before this awful update is seriously backwards. Please restore this feature with the original limit and 'hide' option! It makes absolutely no sense to get rid of a feature that was so central. 

candyshards

@Malus131 it HAD to be someone who's never used this app a day in their life before they started messing with it, honestly. I've flipped this over in my head for the past hour. No one who uses this app in average capacity would find this new update better -- least of all people who pay for it.
Neotheo

Super frustrating that the recently played tab was taken off. I see it under the "home" section still but this is not really accessible. Hope you listen to our requests Spotify, otherwise I will be changing over to iTunes. This would be so easy to implement as a tab on the far right, they almost appear to have left the space for another category. Bring it back asap!

4A622B9C-B9BE-49E7-B4A7-C977488A75FA.jpeg

Hoopster1990

I never had any complaints about the app...until the Recently Played list disappeared from Your Library. I used it more than anything else in the app. The short list in Home is woefully too short. The list that used to be in Your Library was decent, but the ability to look back at up to 30 days of played albums, artists and/or playlists would be ideal.

alpinelake

Yes yes yes!! I used "Recently Played" constantly in order to keep track of my own findings and have easy access to listening again to what I have recently been enjoying. Without it, I literally forget about the things I have been listening to even when I know I want to hear them again. Would love to see this return. 

Over all, the new set up feels counterintuitive, like it has confunded a very efficient and easy to understand system. Maybe I am just in need of time to adjust, but it doesn't feel right to me. It feels confused and not quite ready for the public eye. 

Mothjail

This update is the most unintuitive thing I have ever used. It’s basically like taking your vinyl collection and dumping it on the floor so you have to sort through absolutely everything to get to the album you want. Instead of just organizing by artist. Like a sane person would do.

the_dwl

Hej, please bring back the recently play list. Or just tell us the reason why it's been removed. This was my main feature of the mobile app! For usability reasons it is necessary. Now there is only this horizontal list on HOME. But that's not the same. It shows only the artists not the songs. That sucks. Sorry!

eaglesface
Casual Listener

Give us the recently played tab back. The efforts to make the app sleek and minimal has removed one of the apps most used functions

ZacharySB

The recently played tab is a huge downgrade. It's now on the homepage, features far less artists/playlists, isn't customizable (i.e. you can't remove an artist or playlist from it or re-arrange it), can't be used in offline mode, and, worst of all by a country mile, when you click on a recently played artist it takes you to their artist page instead of showing you which songs you've saved by that artist.