[Mobile][Your Music] Bring back saved albums without saving all songs

In the last big mobile update, Spotify removed the ability to access saved songs from an album by clicking on that album in Your Library. In the most recent update, Spotify entirely removed the ability to save an album in Your Music without saving the entire album.

I, like most of my friends who use Spotify, tend to navigate my saved music through the album view. Albums are easy to identify and help organize my saved music. Scrolling through albums of saved songs is much quicker and easier than scrolling through thousands of songs in the Liked Songs playlist. Not to mention that it's near impossible to find a song whose name and artist you've forgotten without seeing the album art.

Please bring back the ability to save and recall some songs in album view; it helps users find music more easily, and increases the diversity of albums and songs they listen to.

Updated on 2019-06-15

Hey @xanderb 

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-back-old-way-of-saving-albums/idi-p/4...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

Comments
linear214

I agree with this 100%. IMO, Albums view was the best way to manage a large library. With this update, I can't listen to albums that I haven't entirely saved, since it only lets me see the entire album. And the ordering of not-entirely-saved albums in the library is completely random, as far as I can tell. Albums view was how I primarily used Spotify, so at the moment I honestly don't feel like using Spotify at all.

AlabasterRose

Yes! And that was before this latest **bleep** update showed up today! Now if I don’t remember the name of the song I have to go through a massive search just to find one song. With this new update you can’t even see the album in your albums tab if you haven’t saved the whole album. What’s  the point of being able to like songs when they’ve made it so hard to find them later?

randomuser3
Casual Listener

Bring it back !!

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-06-15

Hey @xanderb 

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-back-old-way-of-saving-albums/idi-p/4...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)