[Mobile][Your Music] Bring brack the old recently played

With this new update, the new location/functionality of the 'Recently Played' list has negatively impacted how I listen to music in a big way. I'm going to be more specific with this request since apparently the last time this was requested and got 600+ votes, it was closed for a dumb reason.

I'm suggesting back the OLD recently played list to the library page. I'm suggesting this with full knowledge that you've already implemented another (worse) recently played list on the home page. The new list involves massive photos with much less emphasis on the names of the items but the artwork instead, that scroll horizontally (only showing 2-3 items at a time), with no ability to hide items, and on top of ALL that garbage: it requires an internet connection (it's on the home page of course). There's also not even a guarantee that this horizontal list will be at the top of your Home page because Spotify likes to put promoted content up there and shift everything else down - even though you pay money and don't want ads getting in the way of using the app normally.

And if you don't move this back to the library page, then how about somewhere else? Make it require a button press on the library screen to get to my recently played list for all I care. I just want my vertical OFFLINE list of songs back.

I'm hoping this maybe has a different response. The last time someone posted this idea they didn't acknowledge the fact that there is a new location for recently played and Spotify simply responded: "we moved it". This post isn't suggesting that there isn't a recently played list, it's suggesting that in its current form it sucks.

Updated on 2019-08-24

Hey @cbackas 

As you mentioned, a similar Idea has also been suggested, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Mobile-Your-Music-Bring-back-Recently-Played-to-Your-L...

Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

Comments
derekontherocks
Casual Listener

Agree with everything here. Telling us that we can sort our playlists by recently played is not an acceptable response and isn't an acceptable place for that feature; I very frequently play albums and artists, neither of which can be sorted by recently played.

noltesk

Yes!! I used my recently played constantly to find what music I wanted to listen to, but its new spot makes it a great deal more difficult to use. I want the vertical design brought back so that I can see more at one time and scroll easily.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-08-24

Hey @cbackas 

As you mentioned, a similar Idea has also been suggested, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Mobile-Your-Music-Bring-back-Recently-Played-to-Your-L...

Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)