[Mobile][Your Music] Disable Shuffle and Allow Playback on Mobile for Free Users

This idea has been posted twice already, I know, but voting was disabled on one, and I voted on the other despite the fact that it was deemed an inactive idea. Even though y'all might disable voting on my idea, I feel pretty strongly about this so I'm still gonna give it a shot.

I used to have premium, and going to a free subscription feels kind of like a major downgrade. The only reason it feels that way is because of the shuffle requirement. In all honesty, I don't see the point in using a music service if I can't listen to the music I want when I want to listen to it. And the fact that we can't go back to a song or put it on repeat is frustrating because once the song is played we have to wait until we've gone through our entire playlist just to hear it again.
I get that there's a good amount of people that don't mind forced shuffle and no playback, but I promise there's also a good amount of us that do mind it. If you give us the option to disable shuffle on mobile for free users and allow repeats and playbacks, I'm sure a lot of free users will be extremely grateful, myself included. Until that happens, if it ever does, I won't be using the Spotify Mobile app anymore.

Please consider my idea, I'd really appreciate it.

Updated on 2018-12-13

Hey @snarah_

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Unlimited-Skips-And-Music-On-Demand/idi-p/4407622

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2018-12-13

Hey @snarah_

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Unlimited-Skips-And-Music-On-Demand/idi-p/4407622

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)