[Mobile][Your Music] Update from library to "liked songs" playlist completely breaks functionality

I've been using spotify since 2012 (I migrated from a Facebook-based account about a year ago). The update to change Library functionality from what people have become accustomed to since the dawn of MP3 players (browse a library of saved music by song, album, and artist) to melding everything into a large playlist is the most regressive change to happen to Spotify since I have used the service. When I first used spotify, it was organized quite similarly, where I used a playlist to save all my music. They later implemented "Saving" songs to a library, and allowing you to browse it similar to how I used to prowse my music on my iPod. The choice to revert to using a playlist and "suggesting" music based on my recently played makes browsing the library of 1000s of songs a near impossible task. Spotify's inability to listen to user feedback or at least remediate the problem brought up by others on this forum has only disheartened my trust in the brand.

My suggestion is this: 

Without completely reverting back to a previous update and library management method, I suggest that you add a functionality to "view by" in the playlist view. These different views would sort and diplay songs as albums, or by artists, similarly to the previous functionality. This could be selectable by a three-dot settings menu in a corner of the UI. This UI change could then be applied not only to the "Liked Songs" playlist, but all playlists, which would add a new and interesting way to browse large playlists or libraries made by others.

Updated on 2019-07-16

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idi-p/4674895

On this page you can find out how to use the new Your Library. You should be able to sort liked songs by, for example, Artist or Album. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Related Ideas

Comments
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-07-16

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idi-p/4674895

On this page you can find out how to use the new Your Library. You should be able to sort liked songs by, for example, Artist or Album. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here