Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile apps: Only tap and hold plays a song

Hi!

I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem but incase I'm not it would be cool to have a kind of DJ mode for portable devices (iOS, Android etc).

Problem:

When adding several songs to playlist or queue while playing music from any playlist it only takes one miss hit to change the song. When browsing songs to add it happens too often that I accidentally hit song name and it immediately starts to play stopping what ever song was playing.

IDEA:

Switch or button to Setting menu where you can turn single clicks off. Basically this would invert single tap and tap and hold. So single tap would open context menu and tap and hold would play song immediately.

This way adding several songs would become almost completely error free.

Maybe there could even be a lock that prevents direct playing all together. Picture this:

You are in a party and your iPad is connected to stereos and you have a kickass playlist but you have also invited your guests to add what ever music they would like to hear. End result will almost definitely be: random song, then Pharrells Happy, then random song and while it is still playing Get Lucky, then random song and while it is playing Happy again.

Thanks,

T

Updated: 2015-09-13

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title a bit to focus on one request: The option that a short tap on a song opens the menu and only a long press on the song will actually play it.

jer0gen

I agree !! the 3dots button is too small I miss it all the time

Luarvik

Making the 3-dot button even slightly bigger would fix this for me.

It's incredibly annoying now!

50:50 chance to hit the button right and not lose your current play queue.

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-09-13

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!