[Mobile] "Delete Cache only" Option

I am currently using Spotify on a phone with 8GB internal memory and no SD card. I cannot use an SD card due to work restrictions. It would be a good idea if the Spotify app allows purging of cached songs without have to wipe both cache and data at the same time 

Updated on 2018-11-10

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-11-21

Marked as new idea.

udance4ever
Regular

voted for this even though the heart of the issue is having an option to limit the size of our cache (9.3GB is a bit excessive considering this is over 30% of my SD card Id like to use for other media!)

walsheees

Yeah, it needs a fix.

ChrisSpotify
Casual Listener

Or the possibility to define FIFO Size so when FIFO is full it deletes the oldest files automatically.

vilain_mamuth

Even with 16GB like my MotoX2. It doesn't have SD slot. it's an important feature for us.

sirkala

Spotify fills my SD card in its entirety regardless of how much space I have. I can manually delete certain folders instead of using the delete cache function of the app and this way I don't need to re-login etc. but I get more space on my device. However, this is extremely annoying and I shouldn't need to do that.

Skutov

This is such an important feature. On phone's which don't have expandable storage you have to regularly clear up cached data which uses up valuable, limited storage space.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-11-10

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke