More Notifications from Spotify

• No notifcation when someone follows you
  • No notifcation when someone messages you
  • No notifcation when someone plays your playlist
  • No notifcation when someone plays the song you were were just playing (through the Friend Feed)
  • Etc.

Really too bad none of these cause a notifcation. The major reason many use Spotify is the social aspect.. and Spotify dropped the ball on this one. Spotify is the best music platform hands down, and it's really dissapointing they haven't pushed the social scene better (the side bar is genius.. we just need more!). 

TLDR: Having more notifications as well as more social tools (like a posted news feed) would really improve the platform. 

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hey there!

As mentioned, a similar idea has already been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Social-Bring-back-Inbox-Messaging-with-notifications/i...

It has been discussed within the Spotify Team in charge and it has sadly been decided that this idea will not be implemented any time soon. However, Spotify will revisit those idea topics from time to time, so hopefully it will be implemented in the future. ;)

Related Ideas

Comments
Kirbstomp46

Funny how even in the comments section there is an "email me when someone replies" option. I hope Spotify takes this concept and incorporates it into their platform. I think this is a great idea @jmor420, thanks for sharing your thoughts of which I am confident so many users agree with. 

TomTardis
Regular

I absolutely hate the social media component. I don't want people looking at my playlists or seeing what I listen to. I hate that Spotify requires a Facebook account. I want an option to set ZERO social media integration and to be able to create an account without a Facebook signin.

(Yes, I see you can sign up with an email address now. That wasn't always the case. Also, at least some of the social stuff requires users to manually opt-out. I disagree with that stance.)

FoscaFerraro
Regular

I really want notifications when someone new follows me, or I'd like to know when someone starts to follow one of my playlists, it will be nicer also knowing who follows my playlists. Personally I don't want notifications when someone listen what I'm actually listening.. that's too much, but please, put some notifications, you are omitting the social aspect, that is one of your cool and strong points.

Barncore
Music Fan

I'm really surprised Spotify took away the social integration element. Notifications were the hub of this.

Would also like to get notifications when a playlist i follow gets updated.

RobertLoblaw
Music Fan

Do push notifications actually work for anyone (and yes they are enabled in options)? I mean, I've never received one on my phone as far as I know . Definitely don't get one when someone adds a track to a playlist. 

Also, the most convenient way to receive notifications for me, since I listen mostly via the desktop app was with the indicator/bell icon thing against my username. Why in God's name was that removed?

L3SL3Y

i think a notification for an album or single someone puts out would be even better because not everyone want mails some people just want a push notifcation for things like that

Edward_123

Please put a 'view followers' button. I want to talk to people who like the same type of music as me and I can't do that without being able to see who follows me. People have been asking to bring this feature back and it would just make the overall Spotify experience way better than it is right now!

Thanks.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hey there!

As mentioned, a similar idea has already been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Social-Bring-back-Inbox-Messaging-with-notifications/i...

It has been discussed within the Spotify Team in charge and it has sadly been decided that this idea will not be implemented any time soon. However, Spotify will revisit those idea topics from time to time, so hopefully it will be implemented in the future. ;)