[Music] ASIO Output Support

Please can you add support for an ASIO audio output device?

As a owner of a separate headphone DAC + Amp, I get much better quality music when I'm using the bit-perfect ASIO output rather than DirectSound, which changes the audio bitstream before it reaches the DAC. ASIO output would be a great compliment to the Spotify high-quality streaming.

About ASIO4All : http://www.head-fi.org/t/221237/asio4all-explanation

Thanks!

----

My Audio equipment : Schiit Bifrost + Asgard, Beyerdynamic DT 250 headphones

Updated on 2021-08-05

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We appreciate the support you've shown for this idea and discussed it again with the relevant team. While it is interesting, we want to let you know that we don't have any immediate plans to implement this.

We are aware of the popularity of this idea and the desire for a similar feature to be added. Note that we've reopened the idea below and invite you to show your support, if this is something you'd like to see:

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
TheFruitknife

There is one very elegant solution available in order to connect Spotify to Asio right now.

The Soundpimp audio enhancer (http://www.soundpimp.com) is a product that combines very well with Spotify. First of all because of the amazing enhancement effects Soundpimp produces, like a surround effect on two speakers. Very cool!

But more importantly for those using ASIO; because it has a 24bit-192kHz virtual sound card included that will capture all audio streams (also from video) on your computer. This "card" is ASIO compliant so that you can send to any output available by the asio driver. I use Asio4all which is freeware.

sanraal

I use an external DAC

+1 to ASIO4ALL support on Spotify

Tnx

JonHolstein

I would also like to be able to use ASIO or WASAPI with spotify.

To David from spotify, no, spotify needs a plugin or built in asio driver and the ability to set the sound output thru that plugin/driver.

Sure, you can get the ASIO4ALL logo to be permanent in the taskbar, but it's doing nothing if the player does not direct the audio stream thru it.

There is a company supposedly making a music player that that uses spotify core, but with support for ASIO, WASAPI and even VSTs http://www.fidelify.net/

But there is nothing better than official support (or well, if I could integrate spotify into foobar2000 and have all my local music plus streaming in one plays, that might trumf official support from spotify, but I rather see both options in that case anyway)

Liam
Status changed to: New Idea

Only ideas with 40+ kudos should have the good idea status.

bfoust010

I'd like to request this too. If MOG or another serivce starts to support ASIO, I'm going to have to jump ship.

Steril

I´m using fidilty at the moment. But the original userinterface is better... Want to have ASIO to have bitcorrect output to my KEF X300A. The difference in Soundquality is just there!!!! Please asio Support to spotify!!!

ASIO_please

Now 40+ Kudos!

How about a status upgrade from "New Idea" to "Good Idea"?

EDIT: Or even better: make this one "Under Consideration"!

ASIO_please

ASIO is gaining attention: now 50 Kudos. Sound Quality for the win! 🙂

Liam
@ASIO_please A staff member will probably do it soon 😉
StefanD

Hi Spotify,

Please be aware that there's a very fast development in external DAC/headphone amplifiers that allow all sorts of mobile users to get unprecedented audio quality from their device.

A few examples:

HRT Microstreamer

Audioquest Dragonfly

Meridian Explorer

To get the best out off these devices on Windows, it's necessary to include ASIO support!

Regards, Stefan.