Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] ASIO Output Support

Please can you add support for an ASIO audio output device?

As a owner of a separate headphone DAC + Amp, I get much better quality music when I'm using the bit-perfect ASIO output rather than DirectSound, which changes the audio bitstream before it reaches the DAC. ASIO output would be a great compliment to the Spotify high-quality streaming.

About ASIO4All : http://www.head-fi.org/t/221237/asio4all-explanation

Thanks!

----

My Audio equipment : Schiit Bifrost + Asgard, Beyerdynamic DT 250 headphones

Updated on 2021-08-05

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We appreciate the support you've shown for this idea and discussed it again with the relevant team. While it is interesting, we want to let you know that we don't have any immediate plans to implement this.

We are aware of the popularity of this idea and the desire for a similar feature to be added. Note that we've reopened the idea below and invite you to show your support, if this is something you'd like to see:

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
YTM

Please add WASAPi support (for Win7)...

Dmilenario

Another vote here.

Please consider this and make Spotify even better.

Isosceles

If you can get Fidelify to work (it's a flakey beta), you can hear that the ASIO difference is WELL worth it. The Fidelify client isn't very user-friendly though.

Please add ASIO to Spotify!

http://www.fidelify.net/

Carbonjunky

Please add Asio/Wasapi Support!!!

Im using fidelify and the difference through my dac/amp to my hd800's is very noticable, only problem is its unstable.

This is something that should have been added at the beginning.

angel_sequin

just added some kudos, i feel this is something necessary as an option! Why advertise high quality 320kbps to premium customers if we can't hear the full effect.

fluidz

Can't understand why Spotify claims 320Kbps streaming yet doesn't offer a feature to take advantage of the quality.

Why can't you guys just add it, why does it have to be reviewed? Licensing issue?

Teme80

I have a small recording studio and I'm not able to route sounds anywhere, but ASIO. Now I have to play reference music from my iPad. I would not want to do so.

shmart

+`1 for ASIO support please!

JhonKa
I would love to have native ASIO or WASAPI support. When I use my hifi rig at home, i always use fidelify and its quite buggy and lame compared to the spotify client.
inphu510n

Please add ASIO support!!!

This is important to those of us who get down with music in a more expensive and awe inducing manner!