Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Ability to block certain Genres

Similar to blocking an artist or certain tracks from appearing, but I want to be able to just not see anything of certain genres. I have zero interest in them, and all it does is annoy me to see them.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

It's worth mentioning that a Not interested button was recently introduced in the mobile app, which you may find intriguing, as it allows you to further improve the recommendations you get from Spotify. More info here.

Take care.

Comments
Benefiel

I, too, would be delighted with the ability to never listen to rap music or have rap artists listed within my homepage. That customization would lift my satisfaction with Spotify substantially!

tomfugelsang

I hate rap and never want to see the "Rap Caviar" playlist pitched my way again, but there is no way to tell it to stop.  I especially hate when the"resistance" politics playlists coopt my UI.   Spotify, while having a vast library, has the taste of **bleep**ed millenial music snobs and should focus on letting paying users customize the interface, instead of putting sub-literate hood-branded dipshits front and center.  Also AMy Schumer is a fat pig and I'd love to nuke her ugly face off the podcast page. 

tommyboy7heads

Any movement on this idea?  I'd like to hide certain genres - I don't even care if my preference choices don't carry across devices if that would make this more doable.  

Meisaku

It's basically impossible to listen to your curated new music playlists because the sheer amount of local (Finnish) rap / hip hop being published or promoted, which is really not my or my wife's thing. 

losdude

Come on, Spotify, this is an easy feature.  Just allow us to choose which genres we NEVER want to see.  I'm with the user.  I hate rap, and never want to see it suggested.  But it seems like every time I load Spotify, there it is pushed in my face - DAILY.  

If someone knows of a better platform where you CAN choose to remove genres, please post.

losdude

TOO MUCH RAP AND HIP HOP.  Guys, come on.  This isn't that tough.  Many of us never listen to this garbage.

kresty
> If someone knows of a better platform where you CAN choose to remove genres, please post.
I never find Amazon Alexa's free music selection too onerous. Problem is the free selection is too narrow. Maybe I need to switch from Spotify to Amazon's paid service.
mrrightwilson

Spotify, This genre filter request has enough votes to make it happen.

Will genre filtering be implamented???

FernandoFreitas

OLÁ, 

Eu também quero bloquear generos de sugestão. está muito ruim escutar musicas e ter as ruins aparecendo como sugestão, por favor spotify

FernandoFreitas

HELLO, I also want to block genres of suggestion. it is very bad to listen to music and to have the bad ones appearing as a suggestion, please spotify