Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Ability to block certain Genres

Similar to blocking an artist or certain tracks from appearing, but I want to be able to just not see anything of certain genres. I have zero interest in them, and all it does is annoy me to see them.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

It's worth mentioning that a Not interested button was recently introduced in the mobile app, which you may find intriguing, as it allows you to further improve the recommendations you get from Spotify. More info here.

Take care.

Comments
Juam18

Não gosto de ficar mudando de provedor de serviços quando já estou acostumado, mas o Deezer agora permite bloquear um artista. Já estou testando o aplicativo deles e buscando outras alternativas, mas vou aguardar um pouco mais pelo spotify. 

Blacklist para genero, artista e música são fundamentais. É irritante abrir o aplicativo com sugestões de sertanejo e funk...

Bjenkin

They are making everything to flood us with **bleep**/spam music, it's obvious that they get paid for every reproduction but its annoying, and it's more frustrating when you pay for a premium subscription.

weloveallthat

This is a brilliant idea. I have very broad musical tastes from psych rock to classical, jazz, funk, soul, 80s indie, rock, old school hip hop etc but still the same boring popular contemporary genre teenage playlists pop up. I love my custom playlists, Release Radar and Discover Weekly but even one panel dedicated to reggaeton is too much for me.

snicks

Please do this Spotify. 

ViniciusFlaiban

Dear spotify, i am getting really tired of oppening up spotify on my phone or computer and be FORCED to see playlists about funk and sertanejo. Just because i'm brazillian doesn't mean i like those genres, i don't like'em. And to assume that i like them, based upon my place of birth instead of my musical taste, is called PREJUDICE

Just to be very, very clear:     I HATE FUNK AND SERTANEJO.

Please, stop it, stop disrespecting me.

iririr

You'd think people would use spotify more if they could tailor it to their interests. I don't understand why this is still marked as a "new idea" after three years.

ViniciusFlaiban

@iririr@, i definitely think that yes. Just tell me why am i obligated to receive recomendations of a song of a genre i don't like 99,999999% of the s

Laurisalim68

É desanimador, toda vez que inicio o App, de imediato aparece as sugestões de generos musicais que eu simplesmente 'ODEIO" e eu não tenho como impedir ou bloquear isso.

Pago pelo serviço e não tenho o direito de mudar essa configuração que me dá nojo.

Já que o Spotify criou a ótima opção de bloquear artista, porque não não introduz também a opção BLOQUEAR GENERO?

Sinceramente, é de desanimar...

Krillin837

Apparently this is not under the interest of spotify... I hate reggaeton and trap "music" and i want to remove that kind of "music" entirely from my library.

korodic

why is this not a feature yet? You can create a playlist based on what I like but can't figure out what I don't? Why even guess, let me control my experience. I don't like rap, country, gospel, trap. I especially don't want to see these artists plastered on my home screen - it really detracts from the experience.