[Music] Ability to change the Speed of Tracks

Not a big deal, but if you're trying to learn a piece, it's nice to slow it down and cycle through a specific section.  There are apps to do this with music you own, but not streamed music from spotify.

Idea has been reposted here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Other-Allow-users-to-alter-playback-...

Updated on 2017-08-24

Hey folks. We're marking this idea as Case Closed today as it's "Not Right Now" status hasn't changed in over 3 years. We're working hard to update the ideas you're voting on that have a chance at getting built at Spotify--we're trying to be fully transparent here. Please continue to leave your feedback here in the Idea Exchange so we can bring it to our product owners, thanks!

Related Ideas

Comments
jascha

I agree, this would be a killer app. Would double the utility of Spotify to musicians, who I suspect are a large proportion of paid subscribers.

Dominik_K
As mentioned by David in another thread [1], this is (currently) not implementable. [1] http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Speed-up-songs/idi-p/171644
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 100+ kudos (kudo requirements have been changed) the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ;)

pine_river

I'd pay a few bucks extra for the ability to do this.

felixbla

In dance music it's common that you'll accellerate music a little bit. Would be a great feature!

juuhonber

I wanna it be both ways faster and slower, since youtube released the new html5 option, I have been in love in listening music with faster speed, just love the beat!

sansancm

My workout instructor is trying to speed up songs for the class.  This would be a great feature.

user-removed
Not applicable

"In dance music it's common that you'll accellerate music a little bit. Would be a great feature!"

Listen hardcore and there is no need for that ;)

musket

Yeah I'm  transcribing something off spotify, and this feature would be very helpful.

moveBeats

I have been using Tempo Magic Pro, Apple app (for my workouts) for some years but unluckily it doesnt work with Spotify. I think that tempo change feature would be quite easy to add to Spotify as an app especially for Offline Spotify Tracs. Spotify, please check Tempo Magic Pro out. Maybe you could work together.