[Music] Ability to change the Speed of Tracks

Not a big deal, but if you're trying to learn a piece, it's nice to slow it down and cycle through a specific section.  There are apps to do this with music you own, but not streamed music from spotify.

Idea has been reposted here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Other-Allow-users-to-alter-playback-...

Updated on 2017-08-24

Hey folks. We're marking this idea as Case Closed today as it's "Not Right Now" status hasn't changed in over 3 years. We're working hard to update the ideas you're voting on that have a chance at getting built at Spotify--we're trying to be fully transparent here. Please continue to leave your feedback here in the Idea Exchange so we can bring it to our product owners, thanks!

Related Ideas

Comments
bigolsparky

I just want to chime in and say that this issue is the only reason I am posting in this forum.  I am a musician and this tool is a necessity for musicians learning covers.  If you don't understand why, you are probably tone deaf .

user-removed
Not applicable

This idea has to be iimplemented. I'm about to graduate from a music conservatory and the usage of Spotify for classes such as improvisation and music analysis has largely increased since I began and Spotify was first introduced to the U.S. in 2011.  

As a listener and student of music (particularly jazz guitar), I strongly urge Spotify to consider implementing a slow-down/transcription feature. It would give them (Spotify) additional plays and thus additional revenue and exclusivity. They could even possibly charge an additional $0.99 or something for the service. I can't think of a reason not to have this.

user-removed
Not applicable

So Spotify is passing on implementing a feature that would actually help musicians? How am I not surprised.

Tiddan

Absolutely something I'd pay for! This would help us musicians breaking down what's happening.

bojusmail

Thanks for your mail. If you could ask your friends to give kudos or reactions to this mail it would be great help and maybe Spotify will make note of this. Many thanks for your mail again. 

Cheers,

bojusmail
It’s a pity that Spotify doesn’t grace us with their presence. Someone must be paid to monitor all these conversations right. Otherwise why go thru setting up a chat service like this. Anyway hoping for some kind of reply from them. If you know of another service who has pitch control do kindly let me know.

Thanks,