[Music] Buy & download as MP3s

The built-in mp3 download store has been removed from the service. I would like to request it be brought back as soon as possible!

Anyone attempting to buy downloads is now redirected to this page which offers no explaination to why this part of the service has been removed. 

Technically, the downloads store was always seperate from subscriptions however this is a massive loss for many people who use Spotify to discover new tracks but also want to own them. DJs in particular have expressed this is a massive issue on the main topic here. Anyone with a non-smart iPod who uses Spotify to sync content now has to go to the hassle of getting music from another source, importing it into Spotify and then transferring.

The ease of use that came from 1 click downloads and the ability to easily download our carefully created playlists can't be recreated using other services, this used to make Spotify unique! Even if Spotify don't want to do the downloads, can we at least get proper integration to other download service built into the client?

Please implemenet this!

Peter

Updated: 2016-04-12

Hi everyone, we're now marking this idea as 'Case Closed' as we definitely have no plans to reintroduce the downloads store.

Of course your gift cards are still redeemable so long as they are used before the expiration date. Thanks for your continued feedback, we're working hard to keep you all as up-to-date as possible.

Comments
Deano10101
Music Fan

I have an idea similar to this but my idea is about downloading songs and playlists as part of the Premium subscription rather than buying the songs separately :

Everyone should support my idea of downloadable songs and playlists for premium subscribers on the Desktop client for Mac and windows give it some kodos to get it implemented and improve the idea: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Downloadable-Tracks-and-playlists-for-Desktop-Mac-or-PC/...

You would be able to download your music and playlists from spotify and have access to it at anytime on your computer, the best part is that it could be included as part of your subscription.

I posted this idea in August last year and nothing progressed since, so as mentioned before give some kudos and suggest ideas to improve it. I am open to suggestions.

rhaphugee

Bring song purchases back. Or, add a way to sync to non-connected devices.

I have had a sickening marriage of convenience with Rhapsody for over 10 years. The ONLY reason I stuck with them for so long was so I could sync subscription tracks to offline devices (in my case a Sansa clip, but I would have rather used an ipod shuffle or basically anything with that form factor).

I'm a runner and I don't want to run with an iphone, it's way too big and there is no good way to change tracks when you're moving. Go ahead, try it mid race, start looking at that giant phone strapped to your arm to change tracks... boom, I just passed you.

Rhapsody recently broke that disconnected feature, the ONLY feature I liked, so I switched to Spotify. That covers me for Sonos, iphone, etc. but doesn't help my running problem.

Ideally, Spotify would allow syncing subscription tracks to non-connected devices, but if you're not going to do that, at least let me easily export a playlist to itunes, amazon, or whoever so I can quickly and easily buy it. Come on, do it.

LauvdS092
Regular

Great idea!

Being able to purchase songs on Spotify!

beatpanda

I would really like this feature -- I make playlists for friends who do not use Spotify and don't want to and it would be nice to be able to share music with them.

doublejack00
Casual Listener

Recently, it seems like a lot of the huge artists are no longer putting their music on streaming services. I really would like to continue using Spotify and listen to their music. I hope to see this be brought back so that we can support those who don't have their music on Spotify. 

Izaskrynklan
Regular
Lack spotify Store. You can buy songs and albums, download in MP3 or FLAC QUALITY. had been really good, have a music venue on the linked site Spotify app ...ack spotify Store. You can buy songs and albums, download in MP3 or FLAC QUALITY. had been really good, have a music venue on the linked site Spotify app ..please come back. Needed for artists with
mikkael
Regular
I would love to buy some of the playlist I have created on Spotify over the past years. Please bring it back
meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated: 2016-04-12

Hi everyone, we're now marking this idea as 'Case Closed' as we definitely have no plans to reintroduce the downloads store.

Of course your gift cards are still redeemable so long as they are used before the expiration date. Thanks for your continued feedback, we're working hard to keep you all as up-to-date as possible.

Related Ideas