[Music] Change BlackPink's Biography on Profile

Dear Spotify staff,

Many fans including myself feel disappointed by boy group BTS' name being brought up in K-pop girl group BlackPink's spotify profile.

I am sure the writer of BlackPink's spotify profile description meant no harm, but mentioning one artist's name in another's profile description is something we found quite out of context and disrespectful.

-BTS and BlackPink are both talented groups in their own authentic ways and associating them with eachother for a fact as trivial as the one that they're in the same music industry isn't fair because they're completely different and hard working artists who deserve to be loved for themselvestheir concepts and their own music, not because they 'resemble' eachother. By associating them, that is likely to damage the artists' sense of authenticity and ruin it especially for the people who don't know them yet.

-This could and has led to new listeners concluding that 'BlackPink is the girl version of BTS' which is undeniably wrong and unfair on both groups. They are both unique and should be known as such.

-BlackPink is consisted of 4 artists who we respect. I will repeat it : we BTS fans completely respect BlackPink and every hard working artist who is under YG Entertainment.

But, their company YG Entertainment has been known for not being very kind to BTS back when they were underground artists. So I hope you understand that that's the biggest reason why we do not want YG to be given the chance of using BTS for their own promotion.

As one of the biggest music platforms in the world, I am sure you do not only want your listeners to be satisfied but also your artists to shine under the best light possible. Please take both groups' authenticity and hard work into consideration because saying that they sound that much alike is not the right way to do it.

All we ask is for you to simply remove those 3 letters from BlackPink's Spotify profile description.

Thank you for reading.

blackpink 2.jpg

Updated on 2019-03-20

Hey guys,

It looks like BLACKPINK have edited their bio and it now doesn't mention BTS.

Just as a heads up, Artist Bio's are controled by the artist so we wouldn't edit what is written in them.

Thanks 💜

Related Ideas

Comments
CAlbertSM
Regular

Oh gosh, stop complaining about stupid stuff, you are reaching with these, like they didn't used to put YG entertainment artists tags on their music in the past, if you are hurt about a sine description you should check your priorities 🙄

henrislistening

This is absolutely ridiculous and not an important issue. Comparisons to other artists is one of the best ways to describe music and while to someone who is extremely immersed in the particular subculture a specific comparison might seem outlandish, it can be helpful to assess whether or not I might want to listen to the artist.

BTS is a gigantic commercial success, they don't need your protection. 

kiyopke
Casual Listener

Hey can i ask something important? Did your team write artist BlackPink’ profile on spotify? Did your team have an agreement before with YG (BlackPink’ company/agency) about the profile?

Thanks
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-07-22

Marked as new idea.

kiyopke
Casual Listener

@CAlbertSM 

first of all it wasn’t bighit who used ht bigbang in bts’ mv but 1THEK channel, they were the one who used it and as the result ppl were bashing bts etc, it was already confirmed tho so pls get your facts right :)

Deathtrapz

Really a non-issue. Bio's are meant to be general and for anyone to understand not just those who are heavily invested in a genre.

DragoCubed
Regular

What a non issue. Could you please upvote or post something more useful?

Phantis
Casual Listener

Umm, it's changed now. You can end this thread and mark solved I suppose? The artist themself put something up.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-03-20

Hey guys,

It looks like BLACKPINK have edited their bio and it now doesn't mention BTS.

Just as a heads up, Artist Bio's are controled by the artist so we wouldn't edit what is written in them.

Thanks 💜