Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Click on Record Label to go to Label's Music

i know you can search for labels with:  label:"blah blah" 

but it would be good if, on an album it just said nexto the year which label it was released by. then you could just click it to get up a search of that label.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Richard

Below most albums, just under the tracklisting, we put who the label is for that album (though it's a bit tricky to see, I know). So the information is there, and although it doesn't have the click-to-search functionality, you can just do a "label:x" search as you mentioned.

krikelin

I was working on an app for this.

I don't know if this would be approvable though.

KidAJoe

When you click on an album by any artist it bring you to a page for that album. It also shows the record label name in the lower left corner of this page.  I think it would be a great idea that you could click on the record label name to have spotify to display a list off all artist and/or albums from that record label. 

johnkock

Totally agree, would be great. I discussed this with the guys from Spotipad (an upcoming iPad app for Spotify), and they said it can't be done since the record label variable is not available in the API.

Afront

Yes, it's a shame this will probably never happen. The record label variable is there in the client (for example, search for label:emi) but it's not exposed to the API for whatever reason.

My musical tastes are slightly more obscure than most, and artists I like tend to be released on the same set of indie labels. So a label search would be ideal as a discovery tool!

Here's a page I use for my own reference - it includes links to electronic labels on Spotify:

Viktor

Searching by label often returns only a fraction of the music released by that label. The function is clearly flawed. Also the same label is sometimes spelled differently on different releases which makes it more of a pain. The label on the release page should be a link as suggested.

djgoodsh1t

The search also has to be exactly correct, as opposed to searching for artist/album etc, makes it a pain..

Flin

Yes yes yes. I've got many favorite labels and would love to be able to find labelpages. Many of them release compilations with all different artists so getting a proper list of their releases is impossible now.

Rocio
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

gfredhei

The label should also be visible in the track listing together with track, artist, time, album etc