Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Crossfade when skipping Tracks

Hello, I don't know if idea has been suggested before but I couldn't find anything like it.

So, when you're currently playing an track and suddenly decides to switch song in the middle of it, it gives a very "sharp" transition.

My idea is to, just as the "Crossfade Track" option, to crossfade tracks even if you decide to switch in the middle of the song.

My main "Inspiration?" for this idea is partys. Everyone been through it and it happens pretty much every party. People starting to switch tracks every 10th second and it's just straight out annoying.

I think a crossfade would solve this problem, half-way at least.

Thanks for reading! 

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
jakob

It's always a little harsh when force switch to another track. Have the old one fade out and the new one fade in or something alike (crossfade, whatever), that makes switching songs a little less brutal 🙂

rbrooks7

yes i was just about to post the same - when you want to jump from one song to the next in a que then the fade does not work so it makes track selection / switching very jumpy.  I played a party last weekend on my mates spotify account - it was a last minute thing, anyway i found my music but fading and switching between tracks was terrible.  The spotify account needs to either cache 12 tracks or so for massing with, or allow the tunes to share with virtual DJ or a similar software tool - DJ GRASSY 

dalla

There should be an app that would allow you to mix songs better then just 12 sec crossfade.

One should really look into this! An example could be an app looking like;

Mixmeister Fusion. In essence, this idea is about including a mixer in Spotify.

What is the status on this?

David

So, like a crossfade even if you choose to skip a track? 

Laderlappen

EXACTRY!

David

That's certainly quite interesting. Currently there is an element of "preloading" before crossfading tracks, but it's generally expected at the end. If people are clicking through tracks, it's forcing that pre-load a bit earlier. But it's certainly sounds quite cool. We see what everyone else thinks on this idea. 

I've also changed your title to make it a little clearer.

Laderlappen

Thanks for correcting my flaws!

Also, it could be used with a little delay, the buffer time 🙂 

deletedxxxxx

This is a very interesting idea! You have my vote.

jakob

Some more Kudos on this one if you merge in:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Softswitch-Tracks/idi-p/4209

Rocio

Hello jakob, welcome to the community!

I´ve merged your idea to this one and I have also added the kudos.

We are here, listening and working on all of your ideas, we will update them as soon as we have news.

Thank you all for you contribution here.