Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Crossfade when skipping Tracks

Hello, I don't know if idea has been suggested before but I couldn't find anything like it.

So, when you're currently playing an track and suddenly decides to switch song in the middle of it, it gives a very "sharp" transition.

My idea is to, just as the "Crossfade Track" option, to crossfade tracks even if you decide to switch in the middle of the song.

My main "Inspiration?" for this idea is partys. Everyone been through it and it happens pretty much every party. People starting to switch tracks every 10th second and it's just straight out annoying.

I think a crossfade would solve this problem, half-way at least.

Thanks for reading! 

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
gnamgnam

an absolute must be.

trigger the buffer manually when the next Song is selected, then the player is ready to cross fade into the next song when the user decides to hit the skip button 

I will be closing and deleting Spotify account today for a number of reasons... All the best.

Matva

The idea of this functionality is to be able to choose to autocrossfade at any part of a song to the next song. The autocrossfade is already an existing functionality but only is available at the ending of each song. The idea of this is to make transitions in the middle of a song at any time in order to not cut the mood of the people listening the music.

xiqodosanto

I’m happy with Spotify’s new features and think this idea is absolutely essential for practically every social event and the service/event industries.

There must be an extensive list of planned features and active projects but I hope this case be re-opened for an actual market study.

Thanks for your service.

garavena

I can’t wrap my head around why Spotify won’t develop this. The only reason and I can think of is that there’s a political reason blocking Spotify develop this much requested feature. Are there concerns this will affect sales of other products or djing software?

Tryggast

Have an option in settings to enable fade between songs when switching songs manually. 

When listening to music with a group of friends and playing the dj role sometimes you want to switch before a song has ended. Having a fade in the switch will make the experience more pleasant for everyone listening. 

MM106

Will ich auch haben

LoveDoctor

Our last resort is for Elon Musk to buy Spotify and implement this!

fazmau

This would be a great feature for party! Please reconsider it! Thanks

garavena

There's gotta be a political reason why they won't do it. Maybe they own or partner with some mixing software and they are afraid of hurting that rev stream. I can't believe this case is "case closed". Any PM would have to see the amount of comments here and take it serious!