Music Detection within the App

Imagine a feature like "Shazam" in the Spotify app and having the option to also add it straight into your playlist or find a playlist with that song in it.

You could discover so much more music and no other music streaming service has done this yet.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated: 2016-11-29

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

Dustylenscap88
Casual Listener

This will make people's life so much easier with finding songs!

brad1000
Casual Listener

Well we apparently have identical ideas as I posted one myself before seeing this one.Yes, this is a great idea and wanted to do this very thing several times. Hopefully those at Spotify see this and consider it.

felipetozo

Just an icon to search music by hearing it and showing the options.

spotify.jpg

Don't need to automatically put in any library.

isensmith
Casual Listener

ya i really want this too, would make me use spotify a lot more

frenchiveruti
Music Fan

Are there any updates for this?

I don't get why would you keep the dumb photo feature that I'm sure no one uses, instead of taking advantage of the vast library of music that Spotify posseses for making search and discovery of music much easier, also that would make free users want to have premium as it can be a feature for the paid subscribed users.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!