Music Fade-Out for Playlists

I recently created a playlist for a friend of mine, and before I knew it I had 3 hours of music compiled... Obviously there is some pruning to be done and reorganising, but I had the idea that it would be amazing if you could fade-in and fade-out of a song on your playlists. This way you could showcase only your favorite segments of a song to give your friends a taste of certain music without making them endure multiple 4-6 minute long songs and possiblt loose interest! 

I really think this would be a game-changing feature to spotify, and would have many different practicalities.

Nothing fancy has to be done, just add some small tooltips to the track timer below, and allow us to modify song names on our playlists to differentiate a changed song from a normal one.

ex. Take Me out - Atomic Tom  <-------- defaulted to "Take Me Out 0:51-2:09" - Atomic Tom---------> Rename to:

"Take Me Out!!! *build up!*"

or simply change "Time" rows in each column to suit your modifications (still allowing us to rename the changed songs), and highlight modified music.

What does everyone thinks?!?

A similar, more popular idea has been suggested here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Isolate-parts-of-a-track/idi-p/40013

Add your kudos there please! ;)
0 Likes
Comments
ajsadowski
Casual Listener

One instance in particular I have found that this feature would help tremendously is with Live Music. Some live songs are AMAZING, but have several minutes of comuntary. Although it is cool to listen to this comentary, if you just want to show a friend what a band sounds like live, they wont necessarily want to hear all the babbling (nore will you if you listen to the same song over and over!)

Anyways, just a thought!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate

A similar, more popular idea has been suggested here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Isolate-parts-of-a-track/idi-p/40013

Add your kudos there please! ;)