[Music] Gif animated Album Covers

How about allowing artists to upload a small .gif file for their artwork? Something to help them stand out? I know I would use this feature!

Updated on 2019-08-01

Hello there!
This idea has been submitted one year ago, but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough votes during that time (100 votes/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.
Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community. 

For more info: 

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-07-27

Marked as new idea.

Fizmarble
Casual Listener

It looks like this is a thing now. I just can't figure out how to upload animated artwork for my artist. Great idea, by the way.

meveric

How the F do i stop videos from playing!?!?  I signed up for spotify to LISTEN to music not watch videos!!!  

2 Years later and no changes? In the past, Spotify still responded to users' concerns. I look for a new music service. I must puke when I have to look over 3 minutes on an animated gif.

camaxide
Regular

Animated ads and animated playlist and album covers are HORRIBLE....

I don't want things flashing around on my screen - I want to listen to music.. I currently have to change views or minimize Spotify when I'm in a view where animation pops up. We should be able to disable all type of animation in Spotify.. it's not needed, and it's very annoying.

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-08-01

Hello there!
This idea has been submitted one year ago, but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough votes during that time (100 votes/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.
Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community. 

For more info: