Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Import & Export Music

I love my playlists. I've added to my starred playlist for about two years now, and I always wonder what I'd do if my playlists were somehow wiped. So how about something that would rest my mind, the ability to back up your playlists to say, a text file containing all your songs, and then you can import your playlist if it somehow goes missing! This would be an ace feature as I see some people are having issues with duplicate accounts and their playlists being wiped.

This would also making sharing playlists between friends even easier!

TL;DR: Let us export our playlists to a text file, and then import our playlists whenever we like.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
Rocio
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

keithhopkin

Don't worry guys, in like a year or two there will be some otehr service you will start using and you'll have to start from scratch again. 

sphereboy

I was able to simply 1) select your playslist 2) select all 3) drag to desktop. Creates a file with name and link to spotify music. Pretty good, easy solution.

magenbrot
export function would be very nice. imagine you host a party and everyone is messing around with your playlists! horror!
Mike_Russel

@talesref wrote:

There are lots of tools which do it for you on the internet. Google it!

How ironic, i did this right now (Google it!)

krishlal925

yea this would be awesome!

El_Duderino

OK, might be against TOS However is there an EXPORT AND IMPORT? for Playlists.

Import (use on 2nd account?). My Goal ( TOS?). I have all my songs posts to my wall, but whacked up songs (with **CK) in the name Or Death Metal/Explicit Zombie/50-cent, et.al Could care less if people see that.

However, would prefer to login to my "other"Spotify (with my previous built lists) Delete out the Suspects and listen to only those that will post for my Nephew s12-year old eyes to see.

*BECAUSE* if your I.Q. is 2-devitations of the Right. You *TEND TO* experience those Existential Moments around 15-16 or so (the EASY ONE'S). Your first, of many curses of the Intelligent--he's literally Genius I.Q. Later

CAUSE NO MATTER HOW I Prepared him for the 24-year old version of

Angst,
Despair
Authenticity
The Absurd

I *REALLY* don't want to put doubts PRIOR to his own, let him discover his own Iron Maiden/ Black Sabbath/ Slayer

I *REALLY* don't want to be the one to confirm for him that the fact that *YES* when you learned the Easter Bunny/Santa Claus/Tooth Fairy you were being lied to, YOU SHALL OLSO discover the REST OF LIFE IS ONLY BUT A LIE

Thus, want to log into the "PG" version. I REALLY REALLY don't want to have to reinvent my lists since I've been on this about 2/+ years. "Deleting" easier than building

And having a 1/5 in me, blasting music, tend to forget to check myself.

APPRECIATED!!!

Xacalet

Hello there,

I've been thinking about this feature for years. I use some my playlists to save songs from bands that I've just discovered, grouped by year. I've been doing this since the beginning of 2011, and each of these lists contains about 200 - 300 songs, one song per artist, so I really need these lists to store all this information. I admit that this request is caused by the pure paranoia of losing all these years of knowledge, but I'd be relieved to know that I can frequently backup this information by exporting it to, for example, a CSV file. By the way, I haven't checked 3rd party tools, but I'd prefer to have an option integrated into Spotify. So,  samuelb07, you have my Kudo.

Oh, and since it's my first post here, I'll take the opportunity to thank you for the music, Spotify!

bob_sepultura

much overdue needed feature... please help us that have years of great playlists

calumjames

sphereboy, that only creates a shortcut to the URL of the playlist in the Spotify app, so doing that provides us with no way to back up our playlists, which is what is being asked for here.