[Music] Looping individual Songs (or Parts)

A way to loop an individual song without making a playlist would be nice.

Like a option in the dropdown menu that you could use to start playing it on loop.

Thanks to @musicblaster for some nice use cases!

Use case:

As a performing artist, I use Spotify to listen to songs and would like to work out passages by repeat-playing only short segments of songs in a loop forever.

Use case:

As a hobbyist DJ, I want to use Spotify at a party and easily loop some portions of songs.

Use case:

When running a haunted house, I want to play just the few creepy sound effects of this one song forever.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2017-02-04

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

musicblaster
Casual Listener

Found your request while looking for the same.  Additional use cases (and SEO keyword stuffing):

Use case:

As a performing artist, I use Spotify to listen to songs and would like to work out passages by repeat-playing only short segments of songs in a loop forever.

Use case:

As a hobbyist DJ, I want to use Spotify at a party and easily loop some portions of songs.

Use case:

When running a haunted house, I want to play just the few creepy sound effects of this one song forever.

leeburt82
Gig Goer

I think it could be useful to some of us to be able to trim the start/end of a song to specific times & also add the ability to loop a section. This would be very helpful to musicians trying to learn difficult sections or to djs who need the song to start right on the downbeat & not have to wait through 12 seconds of ambient noise at the beginning of some tracks.

ShanTi321

oh please I need that!

Jend72

It would be incredibly useful

Jamener
Casual Listener

Made the same suggestion almost a year later.  Hopefully this feature gets developed!

Drummingcyborg

Spotify please add this!!! 

Bassline70

Ditto to what ^these guys^ say

pmf32608

Extremely useful for musicians trying to learn a song! I would love this feature.

Mafalda1

Yes to this! Wouls be extremely useful to have for anyone learning a new instrument. Going back with the bar is super annoying as a manual manip that obliges you to take your hands off your jnstrument, and the bar is also not precise enough (you always end up having to listen to parts of the song that are not the ones you are practicing)