[Music] Mark Music as already listened

I think it would be nice to have something that signals you whether you have already listened to a song or an album.

I got this idea when I decided to expand my musical knowledge by systematically listening to all the albums of chosen groups; however I would sometimes get confused and not know which albums I listened to and which were left. I even tried to write down checklists for each group, but it is quite time-consuming. Such a tool would allow anyone who is trying to widen his or her musical horizons to keep track of their progresses (without wasting any paper!).

Basically, the way it could work would be that every time you finish listening to a new song, some kind of mark would appear next to its title (like the check mark for saved songs). Whenever you listen to all the songs in an album, the same would happen for said album. It should also be possible to manually mark something as 'already listened to', since of course this functionality would not work retroactively. It might also be a good idea to make it possible to deactivate this function, as some may not like having too many symbols around or simply not be interested in this.

It might also change a little the experience of listening to music on Spotify, as those using this functionality might feel like being on a quest to explore the whole Spotify, which I feel would be a positive addition.

Edit: Similar ideas have been reposted here and here

Updated on 2018-09-21

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-09-17

Marked as new idea.

Casual Listener

I would love to see this functionality. Some sort of flag to indicate that I had already listened to a particular song already so that I can keep on discovering new stuff to listen to.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: Similar ideas have been reposted here and here

Updated on 2018-09-21

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.