Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

[Music] Option to disable Videos in curated Playlists

Videos are a great media, however they should not be included in curated playlists. It is distracting to listeners that drive with Spotify, or put it on in the background at work. Also, are these videos downloaded when users make a playlist available offline? If yes, this may take up too much space. If no, this will eat data without an option to avoid them.

Updated on 2021-07-13

Hey folks,

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this idea - We really appreciate it! 

This has been discussed internally multiple times now and while we would like to look into this, it's not currently on our radar.

That doesn't mean the door is completely closed, though. Even in a Closed state we'll still be tracking this idea and its votes.

Should anything change, we will make sure to post an update, but we also want to be transparent about what we are and what we aren't working on.

Thanks for understanding, and please keep those ideas and requests coming! Together we can make Spotify the best it can be.

Comments
joan_ferre

This is a feature I would expect Spotify to have. Every time I'm on my desktop and want to listen to a playlist by Spotify I get a long pause between songs. In addition, the videos contain some parts that are not part of the music and that is just more wait time.

Kingblazed

Seriously **bleep** this it's so annoying.

casey704

This a million times this.

blah391838

Please remove videos from playlists. Honestly whoever came up with this "awesome" idea has never used the Spotify App. Because if they did they WOULD NOT HAVE BUILT THIS FEATURE! -_- I am a premium subscriber and I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription because of this.

UltralightBean
I agree thinking of cancelling my premium membership and jumping ship to
tidal. These videos which lets face it are pretty much just forced ads have
almost caused me to get into an accident whole driving.

How is it not possible to toggle off videos? Is an update for this coming? I rarely want to watch videos...but in any case this seems like so many huge oversights were made on UX...very uncharacteristic of Spotify. Have to listen to the same song multiple times in a row, loads even on mobile when my phone is locked/in pocket, loads on data plan...How can all of these obvious factors have been overlooked?

Bj200

I used to listen to rap caviar everyday. Now I don't at all because you can't disable videos. Very surprised that even with the vast amount of public knowledge of how dangerous while using a phone and driving is, Spotify doesn't have employees smart enough to make the decision to disable videos. It's a safety issue and creates a terrible user experience. Please fix this problem.

defuzz

Yes, ugh.

defuzz

Super annonying. Please offer an option.

head0701

I agree with the orginal post. I thought I would add if videos don't play this stops play back and is very annoying to have to go to the app everyother song and hit next because a video didn't play! This is very bad user experince and makes me not listen to currated playlists. Still don't know why videos won't play on my account accross multiple devices.