Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Option to disable Videos in curated Playlists

Videos are a great media, however they should not be included in curated playlists. It is distracting to listeners that drive with Spotify, or put it on in the background at work. Also, are these videos downloaded when users make a playlist available offline? If yes, this may take up too much space. If no, this will eat data without an option to avoid them.

Updated on 2021-07-13

Hey folks,

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this idea - We really appreciate it! 

This has been discussed internally multiple times now and while we would like to look into this, it's not currently on our radar.

That doesn't mean the door is completely closed, though. Even in a Closed state we'll still be tracking this idea and its votes.

Should anything change, we will make sure to post an update, but we also want to be transparent about what we are and what we aren't working on.

Thanks for understanding, and please keep those ideas and requests coming! Together we can make Spotify the best it can be.

Comments

Why these videos were added into the playlist at all, I'll never understand. Completely disrupts the music listening experience, which is the entire appeal of Premium.

Mikeandjenm

This is going to force me to switch services. I've had Spotify since it was released in the US and videos stopping my playlist from playing is unacceptable. There has to be an option to turn off videos, I understand you want videos to be the future but this is ridiculous.

Riko1803

Please add an option inside the user settings which allows them to disable video content on playlist. It interrupts my music and it obviously repeats songs as you hear it once as a video file (if it plays while your device is on standby) and then again as a music file.

thank you!

I'm a fan of Spotify Premium, but videos really break from the flow of music. Please offer an option to disable them. Thanks!

Rirokid123

I realise spotify is trying to break into the video market and make money, everyone is right we made an agreement which involved an exchange of money for the purpose of being add Free and using this app for listening to music. I choose spotify for it's content and smooth method of delivery. Having the music video play automatically right after the same song just played is annoying. If we're not given an option to stop the videos from playing or from even showing in the queue then im out too. I'll be unsubscribed by the end of next month.  I promise you that. 

schaub85

I listen to Spotify most days at work.  I like to keep it open on one of my screens but unwanted videos are distracting and cause unwanted attention from management.  

It's like spotify is trying to get me to switch to Google.

Daco317

What is the status on this? Half a year later and we still have these videos on curated playlists.

I fail to see the point of me having my premium subscription/using these playlists if I still have to deal with b/s nonsense like this.

manleyj5305

Just noticed this on "Rock This". It makes the station worthless. I'm also considering cancelling my membership; especially if this continues to expand. 

bosbill

I actually might unsubscribe over this. Sick of the music stopping because it's stuck on a video. Whose stupid idea was it to mix two different media types together?

Robbyatx420

These video promotions are gargbage just play the audio!