[Music] Option to exclude Holiday themed Music

My idea is a button or a "Specials" section for artists' special releases such as Christmas music. For me, Christmas music is primarily Christmas music, whether sang by Bob Dylan or Sia. When I want to listen Christmas songs, I will go to the Christmas playlists and when I want to listen to a specific artists, I do not wish shuffle to surprise me with Christmas music. Especially in February. Or July. Or ever...

Updated on 2019-03-04

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-05-01

Marked as new idea

bananenware

Requesting a filter/tag for Christmas music, as I often like to listen to older Music, that is often by Artists also doing Christmas Specials. Unable to filter those it's quite annoying to have to skip those by hand all the time. 

Alternative: some way to mark songs as "don't automatically play/always skip/hide", like thumbs down in radio-mode, but for regular browsing mode.

mbow06
Casual Listener

This is something that should be added.  I am sure that there are many people that want this feature.  It is annoying to have Christmas music showing up in the off season.

evanrkelly

The problem with this is for me that one of my Daily Mixes is filled with random artists from the 50s. The only reason that they are there is because I listen to their holiday music in the holiday season, I would never listen to them otherwise.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-03-04

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke