[Music] Remove Remastered Tags

Spotify, I beg you to remove "[YEAR] Remastered Version" from song names. It ruins my and other people's Last.fm stats. If I pay for Premium I'd expect at least to get proper scrobbles.

scrobbles.png

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-11-26

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

BogdanD
Music Fan

Please everyone who thinks this should be improved keep the thread active and give kudos.

TheSeeker
Gig Goer

It is indeed pretty useless since we have it from the album name (or I think we do... if not that's definitely where it should be).

Also very annoying to see it on every tracks of any given album. Steals room and clutter the screen.

cactify

This is not a good idea really or at least I don't agree with it. The reason is that remasters are often worse sound quality-wise because the tracks are compressed to yield higher RMS volume. I rather know if the album I choose to listen to is a **bleep**ty remaster or the original album (which also could be compressed and/or brickwalled).

However, I would like to see an option in the preferences where one could set to always only show latest available remaster, unremastered or all available versions of an album.

BogdanD
Music Fan

It would be enough to have Remastered only in album's name, and not in every single song, wouldn't it?

cactify

Well, as long as it's possible to identify what version a song is (what release/remaster) when looking for specific tracks.

TheSeeker
Gig Goer

That's what I said just before you reply cactify...

Oh sorry, "when looking at a specific track"...

Then no, that's not what I said, and what I don't agree with.

Sometime we have the name of the song that is composed of the name, the "single version" tag, the "2006 remaster" tag, the "1954 version" tag, etc. I mean, when I look at the name of the song, I want the name of the song. All those extra info should be somewhere else.

Or maybe when going over the name of the song with the mouse poiter it could show in a buble all those things. Then I'm in.

Sorry!

cactify

"All those extra info should be somewhere else."

Yes, I believe I wrote that in some other thread. So, that data should be moved, not deleted. :)

Let's say there is a "remaster-tag" then we could remove the remaster from the song titles and retain the remaster status by a separate searchable field. By field I mean a separate column in whatever database the song information is stored in.

TheSeeker
Gig Goer

Ahhh OK sorry!

Now I can tell you that we are on the exact same page :D

cactify

And it is indeed a good page to be on! :D

Not sure if cross posting is allowed but, I think this topic is related:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Music-Enforce-Mastering-Standards-to-End-t...

At least I touch on the remastered issue there.