Music Videos

Not sure if this has been mention or discussed. I wondered if spotify ever plans to incorporate music videos into the application. It would be cool users could choose to watch the music video associated with the song.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
markrenaud

A music service like spotify was a great move forward and I am wondering when music videos will be provided in the same way.

These days my TV sets throughout the house are all linked and will play videos and feeds. I often use my iphone to play you tube videos and video playlists on all the sets and would like to see spotify take this jump into the future.

robeso

That would be awesome, perhaps they could add a link to youtube inside spotify to avoid all the extra bandwith that comes with it.

stefansmith

It would be awesome if the video's also could be played on a second screen.

tm98
Regular

Today I have a feature for the new Amy Macdonald Album on my Spotify homescreen. There is also the music video from her new single playable. It would be great if something like that could be on lots of artist pages within Spotify.

Edit: The video is only a one minute preview from youtube and below there is a link to the full video on the Universal homepage.

AssanasIK

What if you could pay for a more expensive spotify premium and get to see the music video for the song as you listen to it? 

kiliklopez

I think it would be a cool idea to have like a vevo App like the tunewiki app that allows you to see the music videos of the songs as it goes through your playlist. You guys should really think about doing this, it would be a great implement

er43
Roadie

Yes. Please include in premium account. MTV was kickstarting musicvideos, youtube made em free, Spotify turns the game, sprints from youtube and makes it serious.

Taranis
Casual Listener
i'm really missing this feature! Wouldn't a Youtube Integration possible?
pnc
Community Legend

Yeah, i can see that available on their web. The videos are working really fine :)

redeuxx

Kudos to this idea. I've been using Xbox Music recently and one of the best features is seamless music video integration. It would be awesome if Spotify could compete in this area.

Much thanks!