Music Videos

Not sure if this has been mention or discussed. I wondered if spotify ever plans to incorporate music videos into the application. It would be cool users could choose to watch the music video associated with the song.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
er43
Roadie

Yes. Please include in premium account. MTV was kickstarting musicvideos, youtube made em free, Spotify turns the game, sprints from youtube and makes it serious.

Taranis
Casual Listener
i'm really missing this feature! Wouldn't a Youtube Integration possible?
Big_Al_73

can i ask... is anyone from spotify actually going to read and reply to any of these comments, we pay from premium surely it wouldn't be hard for you guys to link in video where possible.Music channels are great, but to pick your own and watch as yuo listen would just be awesome.

i'm sure if a small cost was added we would Pay

slcott
Regular

Synchronizing spotify music with embedded youtube video is what I want.

arthursh3n
Roadie

the video feature would be awesome~ There is a service called "Utubify" which converts your Spotify playlist to Youtube playlist, i wonder why it is not included in the Spotify app?

jakobjs
Casual Listener

Music videos in Spotify! I recently subscribed to Premium and find myself missing the YouTube playback.

stormfrog

This is a perfect example of how licensing, copyrights damage and stands in the way of progress. Its very sad really, playing video in Spotify could be free for premium users who are already paying a good bit of money for the service recieved.

What in reality stops ideas like these to flourish are fat corporate bozos, who seem hellbent on making humanity crawl back and live in caves again with the excuse that they are "protecting their investment". Obviously they have no idea what they are doing or how to increase product value.

ThomasRk

Awesome idea! I thought also

jagmulder
Casual Listener

Fully agree. Like to see music videos as well read the lyrics.

Cheers

Jeroen

theoneunchained

Why don't you just use Projectify?

http://www.getprojectify.com