Music Videos

Not sure if this has been mention or discussed. I wondered if spotify ever plans to incorporate music videos into the application. It would be cool users could choose to watch the music video associated with the song.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
er43
Roadie
Yep. Official music videos and concert videos, please. Not the crappy homemade and homeripped stuff from youtube. Stored on spotify servers. Only for premiym users. That way you'll have so much more reason for going Premium.
tcish

At the very least, there should be videos available for Spotify Sessions!! This is a no brainer, folks!

arthursh3n
Roadie

I am a premium subscripber. Music video is the feature I've always wanted to have in Spotify!!

hans-jürgen
Roadie

Just mentioning that Last.fm has enabled YouTube videos in their new web player which is available worldwide for free. It plays all your personalised Last.fm radio stations like recommendations, library, mix radio, neighbours, friends and also similar artist radios and tag/genre radios with YouTube clips now. So far almost everyone seems to hate it, at least those posting in the official announcement thread, but maybe some people posting in here might like it. The other new feature announced is Spotify in-page playback for all Last.fm pages showing single tracks, i.e. your loved tracks, playlists, charts, albums etc., but not the radio stations.

pnc
Community Legend

@hans-jurgen: thanks for the update. Im testing the Last.fm with Youtube right now. Since Spotify and Last.fm teamed up, we can expect to have Youtube videos in future :)

hans-jürgen
Roadie

I've read somewhere in the past that Spotify plans to go the music video route anyhow, so one day they will probably come up with something public. By the way, I forgot to mention the new old Last.fm Loved Tracks Radio which is available now with YouTube videos as well.

pnc
Community Legend

Yeah, i can see that available on their web. The videos are working really fine :)

AerialServant

With music services like Beats Music and Pandora gaining traction, I'm sure music videos will be coming along. Whoever is the first to implement this feature will, as a result, force the others to develop the same. Why not Spotify being the first?

redeuxx

Kudos to this idea. I've been using Xbox Music recently and one of the best features is seamless music video integration. It would be awesome if Spotify could compete in this area.

Much thanks!

fuksi85
Casual Listener

Music videos are great and very entertaining.

I normally have my laptop connected to my TV (HDMI) and it would be great to have the spotify windows on the laptop screen and the video on the TV. 

Would it be possible to retrieve the videos from youtube (from official channels) when available?